Renegade Wheels question

Renegade Wheels question
Grind a 45* angle chamfer, about 1/4" wide on the outside leading edge of the calipers.
Your front tires will most likely hit the frame and springs, at a full-lock turn.
Your rear wheels my rub the inner wall of the wheel well when the suspension is worked hard.
LG

Heck, I'll give it a shot! I did hit with a grinder, but I wasn't sure how much I could safely remove. Wouldn't spacers solve the scrubbing and the possibility of the wheel/body/frame contact issues?

DJ

I for one-Will never use spacers. But-That's just me...
Don't think you can find any under 1 1/2 inch thick.
Post up some pictures of the calipers.
LG

The first picture is of the drivers side with the Renegade wheel mounted. You can easily see how the caliper and wheel are making contact.

The second picture is of the passenger side with the bullet hole style wheel that I am swapping for the Renegades. That wheel clears the caliper. There is a half inch difference in the backspace between the two wheels and that seems to make all the difference!

Attachments

• 20171002_153257.jpg
    20171002_153257.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 20171002_154516.jpg
    20171002_154516.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 99
Bumping this post.

DJ

UPDATE:

I know its been a couple weeks since I last posted regarding the wheel issue, but I finally got everything worked out. I did a lot a research and decided to purchase spacers, quality spacers! I did 1.25" in front and 1.5" in back. I must say even that small amount made a noticeable improvement in the looks. Tires aren't so "tucked in" especially in the back. The 1.25" spacers cleared the front wheels nicely. I torqued everything down per the spec sheet, along with a little red loc-tite. I drove it around for about 10-12 miles and parked it. Now I need to get it up in the air and check the torque again. I believe the instructions say check torque again at 50 miles, 100 miles, then at the normal rotation schedule. Anyway, y'all were kind enough to respond to my call for help so I wanted to let you know how I resolved the problem!

I will post a few pics in a couple days!

Thanks again!!

DJ

How's about a picture.
I suggest you also ck torque at 250 & 500 miles.
You can mark the spacer attachment nuts with a paint pen. Then you'll see if there has been movement the second you take the wheel off.
LG

How's about a picture.
I suggest you also ck torque at 250 & 500 miles.
You can mark the spacer attachment nuts with a paint pen. Then you'll see if there has been movement the second you take the wheel off.
LG

Thanks LG! The paint pen is a great idea! I will post some pictures in a couple days. I love the way the wheels look, just wish they'd been a "bolt on" project. But hey, I've learned (the hard way) that working on CJ's isn't always a simple and straightforward endeavor. But I certainly do enjoy it!!

DJ

Evening guys!

I recently bought a full set of 5 Jeep Renegade slotted wheels. I drove round trip about 275 miles to get them, hoping they were the real deal! It appears that they are. The "FORGED" stamp is there as well as the part number.

Thanks!!
DJ
Agent915, just wanted to ask if you had the part number off your Renegade wheel. I recently purchased a set of slot mags that I believe are jeep Renegade .15x7 -5 on 5.5 B.C. 4"B.S. with FORGED and 3153612 number stamped. I have matched up everything but not sure on stamped number.Thanks for your help. mike

I guess I will answer my own question. The numbers stamped on the wheel seem to be serial number rather then model number. So I have 4 Renegade wheels in nice condition and on the hunt for a fifth wheel for spare. Have a nice turkey day.Going to go play in the sand dunes .:) mike

Wish I could join you in the dunes on the coast. Beautiful

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks