Proper fluid for Borg Warner T-5 (Non-World Class)

Proper fluid for Borg Warner T-5 (Non-World Class)
That post you put up about the history of the T5 made for some interesting reading Reckboy, If I recall correctly the Jeep T5 had close to a 4 to 1 first gear which did pretty good for a five speed. When I put a locker behind my T5, that tranny was short lived after that. Those trails around around Shaver Lake include some of the best Jeep trails like the Dusy and Swamp lake.

That post you put up about the history of the T5 made for some interesting reading Reckboy, If I recall correctly the Jeep T5 had close to a 4 to 1 first gear which did pretty good for a five speed. When I put a locker behind my T5, that tranny was short lived after that. Those trails around around Shaver Lake include some of the best Jeep trails like the Dusy and Swamp lake.

Shaver was a great trip other then having to spend a couple days helping a friend fix a broken front axle on his XJ on the Coyote Lake trail.

I have heard that the T5 is far from a bullet proof tranny although I have been running lockers successfully for about 4 years now... If it were to ever fail on me, I think I would opt to find a T18 to replace it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks