Planning the 9th Annual Colorado Trail Ride

Will you attend the 9th Annual Colorado Trail Ride?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 9th Annual Colorado Trail Ride
No need for chains and no need for a parka.

A light jacket (maybe rain proof) might be good. It's not colder than any other year. Actually it's warmer.

Let me tell you something about the snow in the mountains. As winter starts snow falls on the mountains. At first it's a few inches everywhere. Snow is evenly distributed in the early winter. Then it starts to drift. Then the avalanches come. When spring comes the snow melts on the south facing slopes. Avalanche paths take much longer to melt. In the spring and summer the snow is very unevenly distributed.

We'll see much of the land free of snow. Some trails will have snow drifts. There will be some places with very deep snow that was brought down the mountains by avalanches.

I took this picture of Animas Forks Ghost Town on July 18th. There's not much snow in this picture.

48319488836_09da5c733c_b.jpg

Here's Corkscrew Pass trail on the same day. All this snow was brought down the mountainside in avalanches.

48319509006_f5a2623247_b.jpg

We've had record snowfall in the mountains last winter. There were avalanches down mountainsides that have not had avalanches for decades.
:chug:

Last edited:
So I bought a electric choke last night and figured it would be a easy wire up and upgrade since the heat tube that used to activate the temp choke through the old intake can't be used anymore, and it's been acting funny during first bit of driving when should be opened...

It was very easy, and was happy, until I found that my mounting ear on front passenger corner of carburetor was cracked completely near the vacuum port. Took it off and the "ear" literally was separated already completely.

Blankity blank... carb trashed. So, Uncle brought me his old one he never sent back for core refund. $39 rebuild kit got her back in order. Threw it on and the jeep wouldn't idle and bellowed black smoke everywhere, was running horrible! Thought about it a bit and remembered I didn't put a gasket between the power valve and carb body, just on the power valve cap... Back off, fixed that, back on...

Runs great again so far!

Back in business... Going to have a heart attack if anything else pops up at me... Was about to just get a 4 barrel truck avenger on the way from Summit! lol

All loaded and ready to go, I took this picture yesterday. We left early this morning and stopped for a nice visit and dinner with Shooby in Lincoln, Nebraska. Then on to North Platte, NE where we will rest tonight. We should be in Colorado Springs about mid day tomorrow. Good night
1dd5edc4d582711e9d515c96d073f02b.jpg
02704184424688e6df0fd6cf7f4dc709.jpg

I’ve been talking with Steve and he still may come so I’m putting him back on the list until I know otherwise.

He is in Chicago now and making plans to come, he will let me know by Friday.
He is in his 38’ International Bus.

50cbf27f7bb53fb98c33771fee98fd3a.jpg

8266be83fca806e6f287db4a96a0e0a5.jpg

Updated

1. Me and Jake (1 jeep, 2 people)
2. 007
3. MrIPlayBass and OldJeepLady (1 jeep, 2 people)
4. Posi (1 jeep, 2 people)
5. Bill D and Carol (1 jeep, 2 people)
6. JR (1 jeep, 2 people)
7. JR's Brother (1 jeep, 2 people)
8. JR's Uncle (1 jeep, 2 people)
9. Pistol Dave
10. Hagar (1 jeep, 2 people, 1 dog)
11. MtnBiker4evr13 (1 jeep, 2 people)
12. Coldair
13. Bluerocket (Bobby G)
14. Steve-O (family of 4)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting the final things buttoned up before we head out Friday. Plan to be in Ouray sometime Saturday evening.

Cage Installed
bpM0aBRJIZnAS2Dx0wJqi2VmID8XDNzd2tcbjTCrExJp58fi1o-0FJ9dF6X_PJ1eu5KIiHDOT949MrF4O1VeO_PA2AMdERJQ7VC-FMCoua0hyZkETwAnxErUtZuyrp_X9O7KgCOGbeTrSHqM3cjYi8uf32MAvf0xy7wMAw8IXmQ4jWxmxz3vzHdErKVzoYIeNeXz5BPBjSvyexBFz8yhsGv3fA9QgrojCudaps0F7sKi86AIkj2UE6BnjIiMTEw-TXVlNoKH7mV45wS_CFwCyUrGEaTmJ9-olIcZ37rV-c3gQScUh2nD2jsYcVVFiZV69Jt1lpQxZ2Gj0y3qC8f3uCOkHUWwHd1HN779ffMjEeLevtcKwYPAUTADsyAZegXmsU6e4GP5gAM0VNOJA7AsLgVwczb5kftBBPXF7PJ1eF2LXT6qcIXg8mWzju30vS3OXPJERdWjwuWLVS5002FJ3BH9iNPr746Qh_ka8eChkySxS4v7CQPVvRQzksAl-f77OKrHgZmZEbKIoSG8hMsS6-wOoM8JmvAEKEkaQBx3H-UPFwC5KX1Ti535muOXHSgutaWQLin8Y5-z_WbAbE1ezbT_C4_rcgnfJl-0hWoqNRCjYRNvPBIy5S5jw4uVXBqnsZc0wdPOCxvhKoCYHLe-njiTWWWvjtU=w471-h353-no

Various Patching etc.
HDUKXngqG3U-M4rUG2p9TjmXGd661iWIAo-12AE28W3NoMVYIXEmOk_KAMHgxaz9jqviIUnH_fv7EekeBkdBV2CCRUJBHjQJEP7im6xhixxu7FIDUd_9FwstGI2po5JBbD7jUc3KOOETHw8Y9NjCL0KGw6rLKIMANv0cCqPJ7nI52ru2EQYRie23ZXYwWz8B26dzZXwg8r85RY-S8Dvf-KGMMMIQlwD5-bAK-bj_jDGsIkFmXKUkj0TE1U_ENREqGip4L9LLaf_BzD27SDEZlIY0SZezAwWYMHpTCsuukiEls-f_h4WhupdFN7s7HbsiWRhX10xOHjHLDI4Vm7ZWJK2Kg-oD-FcrDa8g3bPI9fIu4cvrxzW57eMlf5BxT9i061MSv7vFq-xCFK1CvizUOnlnx794x04fbUh6Isl-jJCOYzaut0GWWURmHf544dS5UZyURUatAG4rrgejoFjlnwZZAHtSXERAjPrJtk7OwK2ONMeWYHdo3Uf1lP_dGtHeNhfSlfIkStexyuQlx_Ggvvm4PNU1Rrf3PnBhIVe3NhsPSg4OC29-eB7uEaf3LdCzQZ9LDQVRZyiPdRThsXg6aburWrOsibSEEfHwqijaznLniG_lQsMdxHHjKf9SmSz2wxEgINEwsD5nfDSBDPm-RAOGF4OkdXo=w471-h353-no

No worries or pressure, but if anyone just happens to have a spare MC2100 carb laying around, bring it please. I've got mine running and tuned ok, but not running as good as the one that was just on it that broke...

I'll have a rebuild kit on hand with what I need otherwise, just need a good spare body with shaft - I have everything else.

Probably will not need, as it's mostly top end I'm currently having issues with, and a slightly lean idle - I decided I was done messing with it here before trip though. Will tune a bit on Saturday in Ouray and see what it's doing. Have the smaller jets in it currently that I think I'll need there, but have assortment to bring too.

:chug: Safe travels all - see you soon!

No worries or pressure, but if anyone just happens to have a spare MC2100 carb laying around, bring it please.

I have a spare 2150 1.21 bore I can throw in, can't remembering its complete or not. I'll also have an array of jets on hand from 47-41.

JR, pack your vac gauge.

I have a spare 2150 1.21 bore I can throw in, can't remembering its complete or not. I'll also have an array of jets on hand from 47-41.

Sweet - thanks bud. Probably won't need it, but if it's easy to grab, can't hurt to have in case...

JR, pack your vac gauge.

You know it... already on the list.

We made it to Colorado Springs safe and sound.
Woohooo!!

JR, if we had only know...we have a freshly rebuilt 2100 complete that we took off when installed the Sniper. Sounds like you have a usable spare coming though.
a99261f79e29c2b71862eed2b7ba8bee.jpg

We made it to Colorado Springs safe and sound.
Woohooo!!

JR, if we had only know...we have a freshly rebuilt 2100 complete that we took off when installed the Sniper. Sounds like you have a usable spare coming though.
a99261f79e29c2b71862eed2b7ba8bee.jpg

I thought about calling you but knew you were already on the road. I was thinking that you probably had one too!

I think it will be fine, I just won't be running tip top shape on the new 360 probably. Should have plenty of power and idle fine for what we're doing... Won't be racing any corvettes on the highway is all :)

I’ve been talking with Steve and he still may come so I’m putting him back on the list until I know otherwise.

He is in Chicago now and making plans to come, he will let me know by Friday.
He is in his 38’ International Bus.

50cbf27f7bb53fb98c33771fee98fd3a.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190730/8266be83fca806e6f287db4a96a0e0a5.jpg[/IM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
That hauler is pretty cool,,,,,,,,,,,

Man I so wish I could go this year I’m so close to being ready but I’m not going to make it this year :( I got mine running and driving but I still need the front axle shafts and shake down time

Good to be back in Colorado!

ffe68a60984ffdc715af7dd047348b67.jpg

Orange juice and iced tea ?????? lol

Orange juice and iced tea ?????? lol

Looks like orange and apple juice! :D

Last day of work today before leaving Friday around 2AM ish...

See you all soon! Leave some apple juice for me too!

Installed a TB gasket in Biil D Jeep
Bass made and installed a driver side seat bracket to lower my seat.
He also did some metal patching on the rocker while I worked on the engine.
Just got back from lunch, plan to button it up and go wheeling tomorrow.

653ef0fda1283231bdb67a8ced9a6a43.jpg

35ec44eaad4b6969a7ef1998f087c61e.jpg

4796dc2d49c9965ceba80985aede311f.jpg

Only broke 1 exhaust manifold bolt

Last edited:
Contemplating napping to get ready for my departure in 10-1/2 hours...

Got some new waterproof speaker boxes installed and washed her to get ready. Found a self tapper sticking through from bottom in back where seat was (removed for the dog) so cut that off flush. Looked at it and contemplated painting a bit... nahhh.

I'm packing. My nephew, Jake will fly into Durango Saturday noon. We plan on going over Ophir Pass to our motel at The Angle Inn NW of Telluride. I guess there won't be anyone else there from our group since BB is a no go. We'll meet up with you all in Ouray on Sunday.

Weather
There may still be a lot of snow in the mountains but it's been hot here in SW Colorado. You'll want to wear a T Shirt but as we go high in the mountains you'll want a light jacket or rain coat. It's cooler up high. Bring layers.

We are now in our monsoon weather pattern. Every morning starts out nice with lots of sun. Then every afternoon it's been raining especially in the mountains. Bring a rain jacket.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks