Planning the 6th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 6th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
That is why this is the greatest group of people ever to wheel with!

Yesterday was the first time for me riding shotgun with the wife (OJL) driving. She did great!
Go Carol!

Great. I have to make sure Vicki doesn't see this thread. :D Enjoy yourselves

The San Juan mountains, their absolutely amazing!

4 full days of wheeling with a great group of friends in the books. Looking forward to the next couple days of wheeling. :chug:

BusaDave I hope you continue doing this annual ride. I hope to be able to make it in the next year or 2 when I get my Jeep done. I have wanted to be able to go so bad for so long :chug:

BusaDave I hope you continue doing this annual ride. I hope to be able to make it in the next year or 2 when I get my Jeep done. I have wanted to be able to go so bad for so long :chug:
Get your jeep ready. I hope to see you next year.

Great day on the trails today. A few problems, but nothing a little team work couldn't take care of. BillD and Carol broke a rear driveshaft U joint, sheered off one bolt, and bent the other three. No problem! Every one pitched in, turning wrenches, filing bent parts, making temporary new parts, and enjoying a great time. All is now well with their Jeep, and another great day is anticipated for tomorrow. Try as we may, all of us could not fit under the Jeep at the same time!:D

Attachments

• WP_20160818_010.jpg
    WP_20160818_010.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 71
This was without question the best trail ride so far. They get better each year. Dave flat out knows the area. I could manage leading a small group on a short list of trails, but Dave has the area DOWN. Another GREAT job by BusaDave this year.

Aside from the unquestionable beauty of the area and the scores of trails on which to travel; the folks that have come to these have become some of my dearest friends. There's not a second that goes by where you don't have the full support of the group. And that help and support goes on throughout the year as you keep in touch and talk and discuss mods or issues etc.

I had a few vapor lock issues this year (more on that in my build thread later), but I was fortunately able to complete each day's runs and able to help out in a minimal way with the few issues others had.

I know it's a major commitment to make one of these, and not making one or any of them is completely understandable; BUT if you can find a way to make any part of one you need to. You'll never forget it.

Here we all are after coming down Engineer Pass...

c63cf51d72f89c868e32e91c9a2f6407.jpg

Also earned two more stickers...

7adb8eec88d9380d2a52d25a0896bcf1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We're having a great time. I always try to maintain a variety. Even though this is the 6th Colorado Jeep-CJ trail ride here's some trails we've gone on this year that none of us (besides me) have been over:
Clear Lake, Placer Gulch, Picayune Gulch, Cinnamon Pass, American Basin
Plus we went over Ophir Pass this year and only MrIPlayBass and OldJeepLady have been over that trail.
Alternating our base from Ouray to Silverton helps too.
Today we'll be going up Poughkeepsie Gulch. There is a way around The Wall for those that can't or don't want to try it.
When we get home and organize our pictures we'll post our trail reports.

We just had our last dinner together at Handlebars. One last gathering before saying our goodbyes until next year. Over the past few days, Ben, 007 & his wife have had to depart a bit sooner than they would have liked to, but family comes first. Shooby headed for
home right after the trail ride. We all look forward to seeing him again next year. Posi & Rad, and BillD & Carol will be leaving early tomorrow morning.

Old friendships were renewed, and new ones were made. As usual, Dave did a first rate job guiding us along some of the most beautiful trails in the country. Though Oldjeeplady and I plan on staying a few more days, they will be lonely without all of our wonderful friends. I can only start counting down the days until we all get together next year.

Though the 2016 Colorado Jeep trip has officially ended, Oldjeeplady and I decided to stay a few extra days, do a little more wheeling, and see a few of the sites, so I will include this in the trip thread.
Posi & Rad, and BillD & Carol, were the last to leave Saturday morning . I saw Posi & Rad walking back from breakfast and waved another goodbye as I was heading out of town to check out a camp ground to stay at for the next few days.
We checked out of our motel room, and headed to the camp ground. After setting up camp, we headed over to Maggie gulch. After that, we went up Stoney pass. About 3/4 of the way up, the engine died for no apparent reason. It started right up, so we decided to go on. After about 100 yards, it died again. At that point we decided since we were all alone, it would be best to head back down. We made it back to camp safely, but decided that we would stay off the trails and do some sight seeing Sunday. The Jeep ran fine during our excursion around Silverton, but better safe than sorry. I will figure out what is wrong when we get back home.

The trip report is coming soon.
28503663533_f89803865b_b.jpg

Sweet been watching and waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice picture....

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks