Planning the 2nd Annual Moab Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Planning the 2nd Annual Moab Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
If the snow continues..............Party time at Bill's! :chug::banana::dbanana::beer:
:poke:

Guess I’d better start stocking up, huh?

Got up this morning to freezing drizzle and it’s now changing to snow. Forecast is for another 1 - 3 inches. Three days ago it was 70 degrees and the next night it was 15 degrees. A 55 degree change in 24 hours. Will spring never get here?

Well, at least it is nice and cozy in the shop. Not like my unheated garage a few years ago when Posi, Rad, and I did work on Posi’s Old CJ5 when it was freezing outside and not too much better inside. Those were the days!

Well, at least it is nice and cozy in the shop. Not like my unheated garage a few years ago when Posi, Rad, and I did work on Posi’s Old CJ5 when it was freezing outside and not too much better inside. Those were the days!
Yes, it was cold! That was 3 years ago early part of December we worked on my 71 CJ5.

This guy was hanging outside the shop most mornings.

31554014131_fcc8b0a261_c.jpg

We did eventually wrapped things up in the garage to get some wheeling in.

30828552924_c986afa33b_c.jpg

30842431384_4fd9b2f7dd_c.jpg

31632869446_fc0e16b963_c.jpg

31632869576_775ce727fe_c.jpg

31632869336_2902dc53e7_c.jpg

31632870386_f6bbb5f2be_c.jpg

Thanks LG, I’ll look into it. I believe 007 has that radio.

I do yes... I had PistolDave program it. He had the software that comes with it installed and configured for our setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007-How is the speaker's sound quality of that radio, against engine and background noise?
How sensitive is the mic to picking up background noise?
Lastly-How sensitive is this radio to ignition/altenator RFI?
TNX!
LG

I have experienced no issues at all actually. Battery holds charge extremely well also. Range is fantastic.

I have experienced no issues at all actually. Battery holds charge extremely well also. Range is fantastic.

So is this considered a GMRS radio ?

Dunno... I know how to talk and listen. That’s it. I was told it had enough HP to technically require a HAM license...

These radios can be programmed for GMRS, but we have chosen to only program the ones in our group for FRS channels and various weather bands. I also have the programming software on my laptop and can program one for anyone that needs that. Since they pretty much all look the same, I figured out how to program the welcome screen custom, you name, etc, up to eight characters.

These radios can be programmed for GMRS, but we have chosen to only program the ones in our group for FRS channels and various weather bands. I also have the programming software on my laptop and can program one for anyone that needs that. Since they pretty much all look the same, I figured out how to program the welcome screen custom, you name, etc, up to eight characters.

Glad to hear you can program the FRS radios. Both of mine need checking so please bring your laptop.

Glad to hear you can program the FRS radios. Both of mine need checking so please bring your laptop.
I will surely have my laptop at your shop. Looking forward to seeing everyone! We are so excited!!

You can only bypass a lic for FRS/GMRS, if the radio has less than 2 watts power.

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/blog/2017/09/which_frs_gmrs_radios_are_license_free.html

The radio in my link is 8 watts........

https://www.amazon.com/BaoFeng-BF-F...-400-520MHz/dp/B00MAULSOK/ref=dp_ob_title_wld

LG
We don't want to get in a discussion about these radios in our planning thread. If you want to discuss these radios, I suggest you start a new thread if you wish to proceed with a discussion.

We don't want to get in a discussion about these radios in our planning thread. If you want to discuss these radios, I suggest you start a new thread if you wish to proceed with a discussion.

It was a caution is all--
I was the one who posted the radio link in this thread, and don't want folks having to deal with the FCC, over non-lic enforcement issues.
Trust me, when I say that the FCC has no sense of humor........
Respectfully,
LG

Duly noted!

I can't stand it anymore! I have to start packing some of the stuff we are taking today! :driving:

Got the truck and CJ all cleaned up. Checked everything on the trailer. We will be well on our way this time next week. We can hardly wait!!!!
c1445fa1272007aa3cfa3f193e95fec3.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks