Planning the 2nd Annual Moab Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Planning the 2nd Annual Moab Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
TICK..................TICK....................TICK.....................
Time is flying by!
I can't believe it! We leave for the Springs 3 weeks from tomorrow! :banana::dbanana:

TICK..................TICK....................TICK.....................
Time is flying by!
I can't believe it! We leave for the Springs 3 weeks from tomorrow! :banana::dbanana:

and the three weeks will go fast!

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdow...ampaign=widget

ab-Utah-united-states-of-america-41141590-1260-670.jpg

164808471-sunshine-wallpapers.jpg

PlusMonuments.jpg

39912662450_763aa5ea22_c.jpg

w=0&h=qkk9KZwy84IZqiSQ6nFlowBgD6QbbkZsdfxYtcIHVzA=.jpg

OOOOOOOO!!!!!! IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!

Guess this means I should tidy up the shop a bit.

Ya! It's always so messy! :poke:

If ours were as well organized as yours, OJL would probably insist that I see a doctor to see if something was wrong with me!

Guess this means I should tidy up the shop a bit.

From the pictures I've seen of your shop, a quick dust rag and/or maybe a Swiffer across the floor and you should be good to go.

I’ve sorta been letting my hair down lately.

Dang! I sure am looking forward to seeing all youall. Hey, do me a favor if you will. Bring me a take off license plate from your state. I’m going to do a collection in the shop.
😎

I have 2 Mass plates for you.

Found one! Wisconsin will be represented.

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdow...ampaign=widget

If you haven't already now is the time to crawl under your Jeep for final inspection. Make sure all fluids are topped off, inspect all hoses and belts. Grease all fittings and hinges. Inspect fuel lines. Check shackle and spring bolts, u-bolts and driveshaft. Inspect steering components. Tighten your locking hub bolts. Check for wear and replace if needed. Inspecting your Jeep now will help avoid possible delays on the trail.

For your Jeep: first aide kit, basic personal items (water, food, radio, sunblock, sunglasses, extra cloths, etc). A basic tool kit, spare ignition key, tow strap, d-rings, leather gloves, flashlight, and trash bag.

Additional items that may come in handy: Duct tape, bailing wire, zip ties, rags, bungee cords, JB weld, and rope.

Unfortunately I won't be under my Jeep until I arrive in Colorado. The garage crew will have 2 full days to work on any Jeep that is in the shop.

I have a transfercase swap planned. I built a 3.15 geared 20 that I gave to Bobby (Bluerocket) to haul to Bill D's shop from back east. I also gave him a set of seats that I need to install as well. Additionally I'll need to do an intake manifold gasket, rocker repair, oil & filter, rotate tires, drag link adjustment, plus the previous mentioned maintenance items.

There will also be a trans swap, and carb rebuild on other Jeeps as well.

If there is enough interest I'll start a "Colorado Springs to Moab Excursion" thread that would highlight travels to the shop, play the shop, and travel to Moab.

Wow.
Lots of work planned for only two days.
Good luck and have fun.

NASCAR has nothing on this crew! :D We have tackled more and made it.
I think we have 3 full days if my calendar is correct. :confused: Sunday is our travel day, right? Of course, there is the hope of a wheeling day in the Springs.

If there is enough interest I'll start a "Colorado Springs to Moab Excursion" thread that would highlight travels to the shop, play the shop, and travel to Moab.
Good idea Posi! I know everyone involved in the trail ride enjoys it, and so do other forum members who are unable to make it.

NASCAR has nothing on this crew! :D We have tackled more and made it.
I think we have 3 full days if my calendar is correct. :confused: Sunday is our travel day, right? Of course, there is the hope of a wheeling day in the Springs.
Wednesday: a parts gathering day, and meet and greet.
Thursday/Friday: in the shop
Saturday: wheeling Colorado Springs (maybe Eagle Rock)
Sunday: off to Moab!
Plans are flexible.

Sounds good!

Always love seeing pictures and write up about the goings on in Billy Ds garage.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Eagle Rock may still be under a ton of snow. Our second “bomb cyclone” storm in almost as many weeks is over and the Pikes Peak highway is closed again. The summit has only been open for a few days since early February and Eagle Rock is on the back slope of the peak.

Lots of other places we can go if they’re not snowed in also. I’ve been too busy to get out and check them out.

I hear your getting more snow Tuesday and Wednesday.
Whatever the case we will make the most of it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks