Planning the 2nd Annual Jeep-CJ.com Trail Ride

Planning the 2nd Annual Jeep-CJ.com Trail Ride
I am still in for Co in July/August.:D

So what's been decided?
Jeep-CJ.com will sponsor 2 trail rides as long as they are far enough apart that they won't detract from each other.
I will host a trail ride in SW Colorado if no one else volunteers to host one in the west.
What about Harlan Kentucky? Big Bend Texas?

I am thinking thinking of having the CO trail ride later next year. Maybe the end of August or early September. I think that would avoid the crowds and the rain.
We have plenty of time. I was just wondering what everyone was thinking.

Any other ideas?

I am still in for Co in July/August.:D
IO, I will see you here in late August.
:chug:
I can say the 2nd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ.com trail ride will take place. I will post a new thread in the spring with the details but I am thinking it will be based in Ouray again.

What other Jeep-CJ.com trail ride(s) will take place?
Death Valley?
Harlan Kentucky?
maybe Big Bend Texas?

As for us South Eastern guys maybe we can drag CJ out with us
I can pick him up on my way north / throw him in the truck on the way up
Cj's reaction---> :wtf:
atleast we could watch other people break there stuff on the straight up stuff and a few of us could try

Morris mountain?
gray rock ( Is closed until further notice)

I was thinking a get together at one of the events possibly?
any other parks in the

Being a college kid i dont have the $ to be breaking stuff right now so if yall head close to GA and if someone has a vacant passenger seat give me a call :D

hopefully in a few years the family business will be starting and taking off so I can come out and show yall how to tear up a jeep the wrong way :chug:

Hey you west coasters-ya you, who's in for Death Valley? If you've not been it's good stuff and so many trails to choose from with varying dificulty but probably a modest route with lot's to see would be in order. Lot's of history and lot's to see on this one with spring time and fall being the best.

Attachments

• P1010896.jpg
    P1010896.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 243
What other Jeep-CJ.com trail ride(s) will take place?
Death Valley?
Harlan Kentucky?
maybe Big Bend Texas?

I don't see Harlan for me but, I can lead a group at Natural Bridge Ky. for a weekend run in late June if anyone is interested.
The area is app. 50 miles s.w. of Lexington KY. and is both public and private land so permission to ride has to be made at a last minute thing with the land owners. (they never know whats happening to far ahead of time) but usually there's no problem other than hunting season.
If anyone is thinking of going let me know.
There's everything from forest roads to some pretty good rock climbes.
Here's a link to some pics I've taken over the years.
Natural Bridge 4X4 pictures by deadeye_2009 - Photobucket

Last edited:
Hey you west coasters-ya you, who's in for Death Valley? If you've not been it's good stuff and so many trails to choose from with varying dificulty but probably a modest route with lot's to see would be in order. Lot's of history and lot's to see on this one with spring time and fall being the best.

That would be something that I would really be interested in..... Not for this year, but next winter? Death Valley is on my bucket list!

I think we are going to end up with a few different runs
this is a large country and A CJ is an antique, how far someone will drive on is the mileage limit.
Remember, not everyone has towing ability
I would suggest 1 in Ca, One in Co, one just west of the Mississippi and one on the east coast

I would love to organize one in the desert here in CA for the spring. I do not know if you have ever been in the desert in the cool season but it is one of the most beatiful and amazing places on earth.

I think we are going to end up with a few different runs
this is a large country and A CJ is an antique, how far someone will drive on is the mileage limit.
Remember, not everyone has towing ability

Baja, It would be great to have a few different rides. Not to many people
have volunteered to lead a group of use around yet though.:(
I know we have a few members here in oh., Tn. and Ky. I'm hoping I can
get some of them to go wheel'n with me.:)

I'd love to get in on this.....S. Colorado or a Rubicon trip for me :chug:

When I can finally get mine reliable, love to do a Rubicon trip...

Haven't been through it (all the way) myself, so can't actually offer to lead one... got a lot of learning to do first :D

But would love to see one there, and meet a bunch of ya.

:chug:

~ JR

I can lead a group at Natural Bridge Ky. for a weekend run in late June if anyone is interested.
The area is app. 50 miles s.w. of Lexington KY. and is both public and private land so permission to ride has to be made with the land owners. But usually there's no problem other than hunting season.
If anyone is thinking of going let me know.
There's everything from forest roads to some pretty good rock climbes.
Here's a link to some pics I've taken over the years.
Natural Bridge 4X4 pictures by deadeye_2009 - Photobucket

I'm bringing this up again to see if anyone would be interested in going. If so let me know so I can make plans, I'm thinking June 23 & 24. :chug:

I'm bringing this up again to see if anyone would be interested in going. If so let me know so I can make plans, I'm thinking June 23 & 24. :chug:
Sure wish I could say YES! Old Dog I'm sure you would leed a killer trail ride:notworthy:

Gray rock 2nd weekend in June???????
Just north of Birmingham al

Also the wheelin for warrior rock ride in Aniston al may 25th thru the 28th

I'm planning to go on the Colorado trip in Aug, but I would LOVE to see Death Valley.. I would definately entertain making a spring trip out there if I pull off the Colorado trip off... or even if I can't pull off the Colorado trip, that would be the next best thing, so, Please keep a discussion open for a spring trip next year, that would be fantastic!

Hi Dave,
Looks like it is time to dust off the 1964, and hook up with you again. Jeep has not been out of shop since last fall.
Last year was great. Your one heck of a guide.
I wore out the rear springs on the Alpine Loop last year so she is getting new. Might as well try the out. I will keep in touch. As this sounds like more fun.
Dan

Hi Dave,
Looks like it is time to dust off the 1964, and hook up with you again. Jeep has not been out of shop since last fall.
I wore out the rear springs on the Alpine Loop last year so she is getting new. Might as well try the out. I will keep in touch. As this sounds like more fun.
Dan
Hi Dan, I'd love to go wheeling with you and Denise again. The 2nd Annual Jeep-CJ.com Trail Ride will be in late August. Hopfully we can avoid the FJ Cruiser convention and other crowds. Here's the link:
http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f100/2nd-annual-colorado-jeep-cj-com-trail-ride-12496/
If you can make it that would be great. If not let me know and we should be able to meet up for some other weekend trail ride. If so I'll announce it on this site for anyone else that may want to join us.

:d:d:d:d

hi dave,
looks like it is time to dust off the 1964, and hook up with you again. Jeep has not been out of shop since last fall.
I wore out the rear springs on the alpine loop last year so she is getting new. Might as well try the out. I will keep in touch. As this sounds like more fun.
Dan

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom