Planning the 2nd Annual Jeep-CJ.com Trail Ride

Planning the 2nd Annual Jeep-CJ.com Trail Ride

BusaDave9

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ5 with 304 V8, T18 Transmission, Dana 20 Transfer case with TeraLow 3:1 gears, 4.88 axle gears, Detroit Locker up front and Ox Locker in back with 1 piece axle shafts, 36" SuperSwamper SX Tires, Shackle reversal, MileMarker Hydraulic winch, MSD 6A ignition.
Jeep-CJ.com will sponsor the 2nd Annual Trail Ride.
Here is what will be paid for:
1. Free Gas while on the trail ride
2. Free Windshield Banners

Where is it going to be? We don't know yet. That's the purpose of this thread.
I wouldn't mind hosting it here in SW Colorado.
Old Dog suggested hosting it in Harlan co. Ky. (Black Mountain).
Anyone else have suggestions?
What's everyone think? We have some incentive to bring everyone together for the next trail ride.
We will start another thread once we know some details.
Please let us know if Colorado or Kentucky (or anywhere else) would be a good site for you.

what about another one at the next wheeling for warriors @ morris mountain next year?

I know there is a ride comming up in either birmingham or montgomery alabama in october.

hopefully I will be able to ride up with the guys from the jeep shop, but dont think im going to be able to take leave in Octber

Jeep-CJ.com will sponsor the 2nd Annual Trail Ride.
Here is what will be paid for:
1. Free Gas while on the trail ride
2. Free Windshield Banners

Where is it going to be? We don't know yet. That's the purpose of this thread.
I wouldn't mind hosting it here in SW Colorado.
Old Dog suggested hosting it in Harlan co. Ky. (Black Mountain).
Anyone else have suggestions?
What's everyone think? We have some incentive to bring everyone together for the next trail ride.
We will start another thread once we know some details.
Please let us know if Colorado or Kentucky (or anywhere else) would be a good site for you.

I'm guessing beans will be on the menu? :D
Too bad these locations are too far from me...maybe in a few years..then I have a chance of having my CJ running for it! :chug:

Too bad these locations are too far from me...

Thats the reason for this thread, to see who else will head up a ride in different parts of the country (there could be more than one) and who would go where.

As Dave said I could do something here in the Ky area, theres a couple choices depending on what people are looking for.

So come on people where do you want to go?

I would love to see a Rubicon Trail ride, but it is vastly unfair, since that would be a huge trip for probably 3/4 of the sites members.

It's close enough for me though :cool:

I'll be watching this though. If I happen to hit the lotto, get the jeep ready, or learn how to manage and save my money, I will try my best to make it this time.

:chug:

~ JR

I offer this plan. each of us will decide where we want to go and when. throw it out and see who is interested. give as much notice as you can but make it the ride you want to take. I'm planning on dragging Dave back up into the mountains next July and just as a thought I'm not sure Birmingham is where I want to be in July, October maybe. and I'm not going to ask anybody to come to Texas in the summer. There are a couple of off road parks around here that I need to check out and some public land south east that could be fun.
I guess the big thing is to check out your back yard and see if there is something that is worth driving to the ends of the world to get. The Big Bend maybe??:cool:

IO we were hoping for something like that. Figured anyone with a good place to ride and didn't mind taking a few members with them could post up and than people could see what was being offered and go from there.
And by the way thanks for offering a Texas trip.:D

A year from now I think I will be doing a trail ride here in the San Juan Mountains. I hope IO, djohnbb62 and any other members would come along.
CJ told me that Jeep-CJ.com will sponsor a trail ride but he didn't say he would host multiple trail rides. We will have to check with CJ to see what will be sponsored.

I really think CJ needs to be commended. He gives a lot to this web site but he isn't hardly making money off it. Most people hosting sites like this would see how much they could make from membership fees and advertising.

Well, kinda sorta. Desert temps will probably be down into the high 90's, and since it's the 'rainy season', there could be some cool-off showers. Temps for today are forecast to 110. Late October - early November is probably a better time to go, but this September trip is kind of a special occasion for us. We spent a belated honeymoon there 50 years ago, and it's time to celebrate the survival.

Well there's plenty of trail riding to do up on aetna mtn outside of chattanooga tn. I've heard morris mtn is pretty cool but never been there, and of course there is golden mtn where the dixie run is held since tellico was shut down, its across the highway from where my grandpa lives up in sparta tn. I wouldn't mind visiting black mtn either it would be about a 4-5 hour drive for me. I wish tellico was still open that would be a perfect location for an east coast ride.

Droooiiddd 2

Cheep, have you been to golden Mt.?
I've been wanting to get down there for a while but cash has been kinda short. If your leading I'll start saving my pennies.

So what's been decided?
Jeep-CJ.com will sponsor 2 trail rides as long as they are far enough apart that they won't detract from each other.
I will host a trail ride in SW Colorado if no one else volunteers to host one in the west.
What about Harlan Kentucky? Big Bend Texas?

I am thinking thinking of having the CO trail ride later next year. Maybe the end of August or early September. I think that would avoid the crowds and the rain.
We have plenty of time. I was just wondering what everyone was thinking.

Any other ideas?

I would host one on the east coast but the one problem is I dont have a running jeep

Cheep, have you been to golden Mt.?
I've been wanting to get down there for a while but cash has been kinda short. If your leading I'll start saving my pennies.
sorry for long wait on the reply, kinda forgot about this thread. but to answer your question no, i haven't had the chance to go. with work my visits to sparta are short, and coincide with the holidays. i hear its a hell of a place to riding, with some pretty hardcore stuff.

Well I got an idea, CJ hires haulers as needed and provides air fare to and problem solved.:rolleyes:

Seriously, the logistics don't make sense for most of us with this big old country. I see the Pacific ocean every day and just to get out of Ca. going east takes me 8 hrs of road time.
I say you guy's head west for Death Valley and make it easy for me.

Attachments

• IMG_6662%20Orig.jpg
    IMG_6662%20Orig.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 149
I vote Death Valley

we were talking at the shop last night and have made plans for 2 west trips this year one to go out and get a feel of the land and come out and run a comp.
My money is going to be streched out with that but I am always game to try and meet up with some people and drinking a few beers and swaping ideas

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom