Pa Dirt

Pa Dirt
I hear you Jake. I put a winch on mine because I do go hardcore wheeling and have the need to pull muself or others out of difficult situations safely and quickly to avoid plugging the trail for others.

Since I've had it, I've only had to use it a few times, but when I've had to it's really saved my Butt! lol

A come along should serve the same purpose for you, I just like being able to winch while controlling the vehicle from the drivers seat still so I can move myself from the bad position.

Looking forward to the video bud! :notworthy:

:chug:

Thanks for the pictures and for posting your experiences.
I'm eager to read about the next episode.

I like the first picture .... it's not easy to find a really good jeep launching site these days........:laugh:...... I Crack myself up ... jeep launching/boat launching ....:laugh:....

Nice pictures, thanks for posting them.

yeah would need facebook account to view.

CJAKE7 - try posting to free utube chanel for videos it works best on here.

Try this link to create youtube account: https://accounts.google.com/SignUpW..._signin=true&app=desktop&next=%2F&hl=en&hl=en

if that doesn't work - just go to www.youtube.com and get to sign up / sign in page.

It works really well.

I also like photo bucket for pictures - another free account. but videos don't embed here like you tube ones can.

let me know if interested and need help etc

I'm not a facebook fan either but was the first thing I thought I would try. This is all trial and error. Thanks for the helpful links JR! :notworthy:I will try posting it to a better format tonight - I'll let you know how it goes.

ah, yes. That worked. Excellent! I miss seeing so much green.

I embeded it for you in the post.

Let me know if you want to see how to do that.

Nice video!

That is some pretty country there Jake, thanks for putting it into Youtube. Sometimes it takes a lot of planning and route finding to come up with a great 4wd trip. Look forward to another one.

Hi all, I was gone for awhile, now I'm back. I'm resurrecting this thread since Labor Day weekend I did the second leg of Pa Dirt. Still tallying up the mileage. The video is in the works and should be up soon. I was also looking back through the thread and realized that I had I never reposted the video of the first leg. I had a copywrite issue with one of the songs so they booted me out. Anyway here is the update video of the first leg from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO51rWPm45g

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If someone could inbed it that would be great.
Video from this year soon to be posted.

Embedded video as requested -- CJ

:) I enjoyed every minute and everything about your video. Nice, very well done. This is what a trail video should be. I'm excited to see your next installment.

Last edited:
:agree:

GREAT video, and THX for the time it took to post it.
May I ask-Did you do this run solo??:confused:
LG

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments.

Here is the second leg of my journey completed beginning of this month.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

LG- Yes, I did the complete trip by myself. I would do it myself again just for the things that it taught me. The Jeep did great and I had no mechanical issues. I did learn that I need to slow down and enjoy the journey. The second leg was not as fun as the first(it shows in the quality of the two different videos). I think I had farther to go and I was so focused on getting it done. I did not take as much time to "stop and smell the roses" or interact with strangers along the way. Also, I realized that experiences are much more sweet if they are shared with someone. I missed my family and missed interacting with others during my journey.
So after 400+ miles of dirt, its not always just about the destination and remember to take someone along on your journey. You will both benefit from it.

Last edited:
I asked only as a safety concern. You know, like go'n swimming by yourself is not a good idea either.
You do very nice video work.:notworthy:
LG

Watching your video was the best decision I made all day. While they are somewhat interesting, I'd rather watch the trees go by, see the rear end of an Elk, see those amazing pictures of the railroad bridge and that stone bridge than almost any other trail movie I've seen lately. Thank you sir, time and effort well spent. While I understand what Lumpy is saying, I say "get in there and take a swim my friend."

:chug::chug: AWESOME. Thank you for taking the time to share our journey, may there be many more. That stone bridge is pretty awesome. I am surprised that you are able to get so close to deer and elk as well.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks