Pa Dirt

Pa Dirt
I asked only as a safety concern. You know, like go'n swimming by yourself is not a good idea either.
You do very nice video work.:notworthy:
LG

I think what he means is I'm supposed to go with you next time. :D

:agree: :notworthy:
LG

That really was a great video. It really is amazing how more interesting that video was than most videos posted. Going solo sometimes is a must because if you have to wait for someone else you might never go and you miss out in life.

It is amazing how some animals know when to be nervous and when to keep on eating. Clearly the video was done earlier in the year with everything green and the deer/elk in short horned velvet. ..... did I say that I really liked both videos. ..... I found it interesting, knowing that you were alone, that you obviously took a page from Les Stroud the Survivor Man. He frequently talked about filming alone and how difficult some sequences were. You stop, trudge ahead, set up the camera, back track, wander through the shot (or drive), go back and retrieve the camera hoping for a good angle and shot. Even driving that sort of thing takes time to do correctly.

Was that lake Erie you were swimming in?

Edit: Opps .... Just re-watched the last (swimming) segment, yep it was Lake Erie. Its certainly a big body of water.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. The videos, pictures and music was well thought out. :notworthy: I appreciate all the time it took to get the different views. We used our son's GoPro during the recent forum trail ride. We have some learning to do... :D

Thanks again for the compliments. I thought about making a bloopers reel with me running back and forth trying to get action shots and shots that just did not turn out well. There was one video that I needed to edit out a part where I took a leak on camera - oops. :D

I guess I view safety differently than some people. It took awhile to convince my wife that seat belts did work and it would be ok to drive without doors. I try not to do stupid stuff. But honestly, I don't view swimming by myself any more dangerous than driving to work each day(freak stuff can happen but I was a certified lifeguard in the past). The risk just looks different and one that we are not used to taking every day.

Old Jeep Lady - I saw the footage from Colorado-very nice. I would love to join you someday where the mountains are 5 times as big. That 6,000 mile journey will have to be for another time or phase in my life. I plan on jeeping for many more years so that time may come someday.:chug:

Please-Do a bloopers.:notworthy:
The by yourownself deal not being a good idea is in case of injury or medical emergency when no one can help you. You could also be stranded with a breakdown. In my many years of jeeping. I have seen it happen many times.
Like you said-Been better if you could have shared the trip. ;)
:chug:

LG

Bloopers .... A big loud YES! .... :) Just a thought, taking a leak on camera is probably best left on the cutting room floor. About being alone, sometimes you just gotta go, the horse can't sit in the barn all the time.

The first time the my daughter Kelly went for a ride in the CJ without doors she reported to her mom that I tried to kill her. She wasn't kidding either. I could see it if e had done something stupid, the CJ never left the pavement and the roads were straight.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks