Build Thread Operation Money Pit

Build Thread Operation Money Pit
Dude that is a bummer - always goes easier the second time though .

I read that on that massive clutch pedal spring you are supposed to drill a hole in the firewall, cable through to the spring and use breaker bar on the engine bay side to pull the cable and seat the spring - are you kidding me?! I just bought a small spring strong enough to hold the clutch pedal up and away I go.

Good luck with your tranny!

Wooly

I will be putting all of it together on Sunday. I need to check that the clutch will clear the bell housing before attaching the bell housing to the tranny.

Dude that is a bummer - always goes easier the second time though .

Wooly

I believe this the fifth time I have attached the bell housing to the transmission. Eventually, I will get it right. :eek:

I got the transmission in this morning. Life has been very busy. Every weekend for the last three months has left no time to work on the Heep. I hope to have time to put in the t-case tonite. Pics to follow.

20160326_091553_zps6weqjdes.jpg

My assistant with the transmission.

20160326_091610_zpsafziouuc.jpg

Last edited:
My other projects are my son's CRF 50 and my Suzuki RMZ 250. I have a pic of Bubba's bike. I am still looking for a pic of the Suzuki.

20160326_104646_zpsrszj7h0v.jpg

Found one of my bike.

Suzuki3_zps7b8d8bd1.jpg

One of me wiping out last weekend.

IMG_02471_zpsekoduvoj.jpg

Sure do miss my dirt bike dayz.:D
LG

Looks good its builds like this that have me disassembling my engine and painting it. Thanks for the extra work. :D That transmission looks clean.

20160326_091553_zps6weqjdes.jpg

Just a bit dusty. The shop the rebuilt it also did my t-case gears. They cleaned the cases and painted both.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

20160407_185247_zpsji7it2q0.jpg

T-case is in but I might be doing a stretch. This pic is blurry but my rear driveshaft is going to be awful short.

20160407_185232_zpsrwam7rkx.jpg

The rear drive shafts are really short on the 5. I have a stock one if you want to compare.

If you can give me a measurement. Approximate is fine. Mine are buried.

That might work

Transmission crossmember is in.

tranny%20cross%20dresser_zps9k8exfxt.jpg

Body is on. Only 100 degrees outside today. Going to straighten up the garage tomorrow and put the CJ to bed for the summer.

body%20on%20fram_zpsa6dgwanv.jpg

What cam did you throw in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect it is a Crane cam but I unsure of which one. The engine was rebuilt long before I bought it. It does sound like a V8 when it idles though.

A little progress was made yesterday. I was able to get the tub mount bolts tightened down with the help of my son, his cousin, and air tools. I decided to let that ride for the moment and I am concentrating on painting the tube work. The seat brackets have painted a semi-gloss. Next is the rock sliders, roll cage and front bumper. When I get these done to my satisfaction it is on to bolting them on temporarily.

Braedon on the driver's side and his cousin Liston on the passenger side. They helped me tighten the body mount bolts.

20170106_123506_zpstt1tp57y.jpg

Driver's side seat bracket

20170106_173543_zpsnxl3zhcm.jpg

Passenger side seat brackets

20170106_173450_zps2ldgmyif.jpg

They look like a couple of future Jeepers.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks