Build Thread OK, So I'm a slow learner...

Build Thread OK, So I'm a slow learner...
Here's the finished view of the overhead lights. Dissertation to follow.

Gotta have the relays to make 'em work.

Terminal strip for the overheads.

Special emphasis on the (unseen) wiring. All the wires went through the bar and then into the windshield frame. Originally, the wires were just wrapped, taped, and ty-rapped to the bar and then just went in through the crack/seam at the hood. BTW, it really wasn't that hard to route the wires correctly.

More later today. That's enough for now.

here are some more. Still have a few loose ends to wrap but all in all it's complete. Until I have to ground my daughter I'm the cool parent right now. I still have one or two pictures to take for record keeping purposes. I'll be back with 'em later.

oh man that looks good!

So.... I found out the fuel tank had a leak on the upper corner. I filled her up and parked on a slight incline and woke up to find gas on the concrete. Drained the gas and pulled the tank. Tried a mastic/pookie fix that didn't take. Found a tank for 100 bucks. Install the new tank, pay special attention to this part, when you install the fuel sending unit make DAMN sure the float is on top of the filter and pick up tube. Otherwise, you'll go batshzt crazy ohming, tracing, test lighting fuel gauge problems. After all the aforementioned I decided I was not gonna pull the tank. So I whipped out the trusty tape measure and die grinder. The hole was perfect, it allowed me to pulled the fuel sending unit without all the other hoopla. I am gonna find a piece of aluminum diamond plate and self tap screw it down behind the seat. I will also put some weather stripping around my new hole so it can make somewhat of a vapor seal. Daughters birthday is in March, looks like I'm right on schedule. Gotta resize the pictures stay tuned.

Last edited:
If someone is wondering about the measurements for the hole here are some pictures.

BTW, I tried a fuel tank pookie fix. It didn't work for me, but you may have a better experience. All I can say is if you use that stuff be ready to spread it. It's gonna get hot to handle.

BTW, my birthday is this week and I got a new to me toy.

Nice off shore fishing rig! Specs?

Disguised the push button start as part of the clock. After fueling up for a "test run" to the beach I discovered I left the dang cap. To the LAPS for a cap, then I rigged a stainless cable to the spare tire stop. Hopefully no more cap goof ups.

BTW BIG THANKS FOR CJ!! WHOOP! WHOOP! He got me all fixed up for posting pix and resolving my log in. I'll be back on point at some point but for now I gotta run. Peace out. Glad to be back.

Now don't worry about all the dash indicator lights or after market gauges on the bottom of the dash. Notice the speedo, I replaced the standard bulbs with a white led replacement that fit the bayonet style sockets. Mucho better. Now let's look at the standard rectangle dash indicators, that orangish looking spot on it is where the bulb has made a burn mark. In fact, I found that it burned the top and bottom of the indicator itself (picture coming soon). I will re-order the rectangle indicators and remove the bulbs and replace them with a white led replacement. Once I get all the parts in and job done I'll post those picts. Right now, I pleased with the speedo.

Found the pix of the bulb I used for the speedo; also the burn marked indicator lights. Search ebay for Ba9s 1815 for the white led. I suppose they make 'em in colors if one so inclined to look for red or blue.

the old dash indicator lights were burning too hot and making for a weird orangish discolor on the lens, go back to post 30 on page 3 for the picture. So I took a new set of indicators and removed the bulbs and blades. I installed some LEDS and soldered on new spade connectors. Finished product looks better than the old, at least I think so.

That's a good idea. Looks good.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks