Mystery Wire

Mystery Wire

ThisGuyUKnow

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 Laredo 4.0,Nv3550,D300 Twin Stick,AMC20 3.31, 31 BFG
Honda vtx1800c
I still have not sourced a usable wiring diagram so going to try this. I am trying to figure out what this wire is . Its in the harness that goes to the tc and tranny. Its The black wire when I started on the harness it ended in the rubber end cap also in the picture and was just loose in the harness near the solenoid/alternator. So what did it go to ? is it just a ground?
photo_zps1479338d.jpg

I still have not sourced a usable wiring diagram so going to try this. I am trying to figure out what this wire is . Its in the harness that goes to the tc and tranny. Its The black wire when I started on the harness it ended in the rubber end cap also in the picture and was just loose in the harness near the solenoid/alternator. So what did it go to ? is it just a ground?
photo_zps1479338d.jpg

anyone?

It's probably your 4wd indicator. that and your neutral safety switch is about the only wires that go down there. I'll look at my harness but I don't have a T176. The other plug that your holding doesn't look familiar, but mine is an 82 (pre computer).

Im pulling the T-176 from the Limited tomorrow. This is a 6 cylinder wire harness correct?

Yeah 6 cylinder. If it were the 4 wheel or reverse wire why is the loose wire on the engine side of the connector? All the wires seem in place under the jeep

Yeah 6 cylinder. If it were the 4 wheel or reverse wire why is the loose wire on the engine side of the connector? All the wires seem in place under the jeep

I have the same thing. Looked at it today when I was pulling the trans. I dont have an explanation but I can tell you its not the reverse light or 4wd indicator light. I dont think that wire goes down to the trans and t-case. I'll take a pic and see if we are on the same page.

I have the same thing. Looked at it today when I was pulling the trans. I dont have an explanation but I can tell you its not the reverse light or 4wd indicator light. I dont think that wire goes down to the trans and t-case. I'll take a pic and see if we are on the same page.

I figured out what it is.... Drum rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. it is absolutely nothing. The black wire in question is on the engine side of the connector. 4 wire go in and only 3 come out. There is no connection on the tranny side. My guess is that this would be the nuetral safety ground if it were an automatic.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom