Mystery Wire

Mystery Wire

ThisGuyUKnow

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 Laredo 4.0,Nv3550,D300 Twin Stick,AMC20 3.31, 31 BFG
Honda vtx1800c
I still have not sourced a usable wiring diagram so going to try this. I am trying to figure out what this wire is . Its in the harness that goes to the tc and tranny. Its The black wire when I started on the harness it ended in the rubber end cap also in the picture and was just loose in the harness near the solenoid/alternator. So what did it go to ? is it just a ground?
photo_zps1479338d.jpg

I still have not sourced a usable wiring diagram so going to try this. I am trying to figure out what this wire is . Its in the harness that goes to the tc and tranny. Its The black wire when I started on the harness it ended in the rubber end cap also in the picture and was just loose in the harness near the solenoid/alternator. So what did it go to ? is it just a ground?
photo_zps1479338d.jpg

anyone?

It's probably your 4wd indicator. that and your neutral safety switch is about the only wires that go down there. I'll look at my harness but I don't have a T176. The other plug that your holding doesn't look familiar, but mine is an 82 (pre computer).

Im pulling the T-176 from the Limited tomorrow. This is a 6 cylinder wire harness correct?

Yeah 6 cylinder. If it were the 4 wheel or reverse wire why is the loose wire on the engine side of the connector? All the wires seem in place under the jeep

Yeah 6 cylinder. If it were the 4 wheel or reverse wire why is the loose wire on the engine side of the connector? All the wires seem in place under the jeep

I have the same thing. Looked at it today when I was pulling the trans. I dont have an explanation but I can tell you its not the reverse light or 4wd indicator light. I dont think that wire goes down to the trans and t-case. I'll take a pic and see if we are on the same page.

I have the same thing. Looked at it today when I was pulling the trans. I dont have an explanation but I can tell you its not the reverse light or 4wd indicator light. I dont think that wire goes down to the trans and t-case. I'll take a pic and see if we are on the same page.

I figured out what it is.... Drum rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. it is absolutely nothing. The black wire in question is on the engine side of the connector. 4 wire go in and only 3 come out. There is no connection on the tranny side. My guess is that this would be the nuetral safety ground if it were an automatic.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks