Build Thread My 84 CJ7

Build Thread My 84 CJ7
Got the front clip finished so it can handle the ride to the new home. I'm definitely taking out the add-a-leaf in the front and switching to the shorter shackles in the rear. This thing is too tall.

frontclip.jpg
frontclip.jpg

So it's been 3 months and no real progress. Truck Norris pulled the CJ up to Iowa just fine. But it's been sitting in the garage now collecting dust. I did manage to get the windshield attached this weekend so I could say I got at least one thing done.

But the good news is that JB Conversions shipped the Lo Max 4:1 kit today. I need to get my case machined a little to handle the bearing for the bigger output shaft (I'm doing every single upgrade I can find for the D300) and then I'll be ready to reassemble it probably this coming weekend. :banana:

Good to hear your going to get started on it again.:chug:

Good to hear your going to get started on it again.:chug:

Yeah, the weather up here is really nice in the summer. I should take advantage of it before winter hits and I don't want to spend time in the freezing cold garage.

BTW, here's a pic of the CJ loaded up for the move:

ontheroad.jpg

I guess I jinxed the gears.

Even after telling them 5 times between two people what my new address was, they shipped the gears to my old address. I called them and they put in an address change for my new address. Fine.

Well, for several days the gears were still showing that they were going to Oklahoma. They sat in Oklahoma City over the weekend. I wrote a slightly sarcastic email to the vendor since they got the new credit card fine but not the new address. Got a call way too early in the morning the next day and the guy there chewed me out for being pissed off about their screwup. Nice.

Well, the gears were finally rerouted that morning (before the call actually). Took a long time but they showed up at the house yesterday, a week later. Of course, I had to sign for them and I was at work so they went back to the UPS depot. I logged in to the UPS website and scheduled a pickup at the UPS shop the next day (today).

Dropped by the UPS office today after work to find out that the gears had been shipped to Oklahoma for delivery to the old address. Seriously?

So the guy behind the counter calls the 1-800 number and gets some person who barely speaks English and hands the phone off to me. After about 20 minutes of trying to get them to figure out what the [censored] was going on, including the idiot telling me that it was all resolved and the gears were going to the old address, I told them to just ship the gears back to the vendor.

Lousy customer service from the vendor + Lousy customer service from UPS = lost sale.

I emailed the vendor back and told them to cancel the order.

I guess I'm going to have to find another source for my 4:1 gears.

Wow, that sounds like something that would happen to me. :(

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks