GRONK Performance MC2100 Upgrade

GRONK Performance MC2100 Upgrade

Dan77CJ7

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76' CJ-7 4.2L/T-18/d20 d30sua/amc20soa M/T MTZp3 35/12.50/15s mc2100
OK i just got this kit and wonder if anybody else has this awesome f**king set up!!!!! 77CJ7

Attachments

• DSCN1345.jpg
    DSCN1345.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,771
  • DSCN1346.jpg
    DSCN1346.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,621
I've got his adapter plate.. Next carbed jeep I get I'll get all of it from him. Luckily I had a 2100 laying around to install.

Nice looking equipment. Be glad when he gets the web site up and running. The link I clicked on just had his logo with "Under Construction" across it.

Other than facebook, anyone have any web site or product info from Gronk?

OK i just got this kit and wonder if anybody else has this awesome f**king set up!!!!! 77CJ7
Unless you have a way to eliminate under hood heat from the air intake it's not going to work any better than a regular air cleaner.

Unless you have a way to eliminate under hood heat from the air intake it's not going to work any better than a regular air cleaner.

Gronk told me that the temp difference between the top of the intake/headers lots of heat is rising to the standard air cleaner, with the ram air setup the air will be drawn from a cooler spot the square hole near the driver headlight brings in cool air and the rad. fan is pushing air around, even if only a few degrees maybe 5-20 that will help out, he knows his stuff i wish i could remember all the things we talked about, i live in denver so he is a local vender, and i had the chance to meet him, very nice guy and builds a sweet carb, and his prices cant be beat unless you do your own build. Gronk is also doing my install, for me that says alot i dont let anybody work on my rig. not even the boys at the tire shop pull my jeep in the bay!!!!!

any site/company info?? And how much coin

Last edited:
this is on my list, looking forward to after-install reviews of this specific kit. GO GRONK PERFORMANCE, im already a big fan :p

any site/company info?? And how much coin

Again i'm local so my price may be different when you buy direct

Carb $280 1.80ven.
e-ckoke $22
complete ram air $100. K&N has a plastic ram air its $300
valve filter $20
O yeah and the worst part!!!! he only charges about $75 bux for the install and tune/timing, Gronk Proformance has been best company i'v done biz with. with NO B.S i dont want to give any personal info about Gronk, but he sells his carbs on e-bay you cant miss it type in MC2100 and he'll pop right up. i would say plan a trip to Colorado Spring CO. do some wheeling and maybe set some thing up with gronk he does all his installs on the weekend, sales to.

Lot of people have used him over the years, and most have been very happy. He definitely knows what he's doing, and has found a niche in the Jeep used parts market.

However, if one wanted to do a litle leg work, this whole setup can be done much cheaper.

I got my 2100 for $25 off a 79 Mustang with 289.
Used V8 cable from a 1980 CJ7 with V8 (no fabbed linkage) $20
Transdapt 2037 $20
Rebuild kit $30
Cheap Spectra air cleaner from vatozone (use base, bolt to bottom of factory air cleaner housing after dremeling out base to fit the new spectra base) $20

The only issues I've seen regarding Gronk are sometimes slow response after the sale, BUT those threads have been rare, and most of the time were followed up by "he called me and we got it fixed". Given the volume I'm sure he does as well as could be expected.

I chose to piecemeal my setup together, not only to save $$$, but also for better understanding on how things work. 5 years down the road one will either know how to rebuild that MC2100 (because they did it when they put it on the Jeep) or they'll be paying someone else to do it.

A new Weber, like Gronk's carb, will run great out of the box. Knowing how to diagnose and tune one from now on is not included, and can only be had with experience.

:agree:^^

That transdapt adapter is garbage.. Doesn't for right.

Yes all the parts can be bought seperately. Figure out how much time is spent in the yards looking for a "good" carb, then doing your own rebuild if your not knowledgable on them can leave you screwed up. For the $400ish that kit ran the po it's all there, all ready to bolt on.

As far as the webers go they seem to be 50/50 on running right out of the box. I've seen some work great and other are :dung:.

The transdapt plate are to small and leak all around the base. I've had 2 jeeps with idle and accelerating issues. Swapped just the base plate and every thing smoothed out.

There my .02 on it.

Ya he responds to. Me quickly and if you want to buy. A carb I got 2 for 10 bucks with a rebuild kit.but gronk will sell you his plate and any extras you need..good guy

what plate did you use? maybe some rtv used very lightly and extra clean!!!! for a fool proof seal?

what plate did you use? maybe some rtv used very lightly and extra clean!!!! for a fool proof seal?

If any one has done the swap already and used the mr.gasket adapter next time you rebuild the carb throw out the mr gasket and order one of these.

IMG_4344_zps7634539d.jpg

$45.00 shipped it came with the bolts, bottom gasket and gasket for the 2100 that seals off all the open holes on the bottom. This thing is solid and fits like a glove.

IMG_4345_zps09a209ba.jpg

IMG_4347_zps85d2a516.jpg

Here's what the mr.gasket 1937 looks like. See how it's not square in the back? That causes all kinds of hell with leaks.

IMG_4350_zpsb716aa49.jpg

His email is michael.ehrmann@hotmail.com you can email him directly or go through his eBay store. I don't have his contact info but if I find it again ill post it

That's from my post about this set up a while back. If you compare the pics of the gronk adapter and transdapt you will see how the trans rapt cuts in on the back of the carb where his fits the entire base.

Some 2100's work fine with the transdapt plates, some later have an opening in the base that apparently Gronk's plate covers up. Early 2100's are solid in the back, later ones are open. My rebuilt kit on my later 2100 came with a phenolic spacer that sealed up fine using the transdapt adapter and covered the opening on the base of the carb. At first I was worried about the spacer eventually leaking, but it's been in place since 2005 and haven't had any issues with it.

I've used transdapt on both of my Jeeps with no issues, BUT Gronk's plate looks a heck of a lot better than my transdapt plate. If I have problems with mine I'll likely get one of his from him. I bought a couple of extra MC2100's back before carbs became scarce in junkyards.

If you want to drive old Jeeps, you have to constantly be looking for deals on used parts, and stockpile them. If you break an axle, going out and getting on right then is going to be expensive. If you pick up that $100 AMC20 that is complete from drum to drum, when (not if) you have rear end issues, you just swap the whole assembly in.

Same thing with carbs. If you ever see a 1.08 MC 2100 for under $50, buy it.

I see two problems in this thread. First never use rtv on carbs. Permatex 2.
The second. This awesome kit is lacking the thick fibre gasket that keeps the fuel from boiling. Very important for trails or crawling in hot weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a 2150 clone from him, not a terrible price for an almost turn key swap. I had a couple of issues with missing parts/extra parts but we it got worked out in a timely fashion, so no big deal there. It did take me a while to get the carb adjusted well (changing power valve and tweaking linkages) but I think I have it going pretty well now.
The adapter plate is the best one I had found while looking into doing the swap as well and is ultimately what sold me on buying through him; even if you are using a junkyard carb I highly recommend getting one of these from him.

Tony

I thought they come all set up from him???

I thought they come all set up from him???

They do i didnt tell Gronk all my info it was Via e-mail/ text. it was my fault my old linkage was all pieced together so i didnt know what i needed from the start hes going to get me all the right parts at no cost said he would UPS but i'll drive down get the right linkage. and do some wheeling with the old weber one last time! i put my old weber back on i cant stand when my CJ doesn't run.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks