CJ spring Trail run....Excursion to Moab!!

CJ spring Trail run....Excursion to Moab!!
Yeah really great pictures. Thanks. Been probably 20 years for me and I've almost forgotten those beautiful colors in the rocks. Looks like you all had some great weather

Thanks for making this trip happen. It was an awesome experience
709bc6259262243861be8c5503c4b9a5.jpg
1c55e6cfc978508b511b571da13e71c1.jpg
b5da6c91f0ac186706a2a21c2d0b2dd4.jpg
8e6adc0dce73090241eb77f982a65ddb.jpg
37343a7d41948b64a63b031ece670ee7.jpg
aed80776f3d112798fc51247d7d8728a.jpg
bf1a895d21859b007c4edea8711ec16f.jpg
b6e3f80665576b19cb52dd502bdcc4a4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting Ed, excellent pics and videos.
A big thanks to Ed for being my navigator on this trial run, well done!

Did anyone notice the awesome front skid plate on that tortoise!
Not to mention the fantastic "crawl ratio"!

Great pictures and videos. Thanks to everyone. Almost felt like I was there !

Last edited:
A brief trail report:
Monday: we ran Hurrah Pass and Chicken Corner's. A very scenic trail that follows the Colorado River which is about 5 ft to the right and 500ft straight down. We stopped at a lodge along the trail and met Tom the owner who took us on a tour of his place.
Tuesday: Arches NP and Sevenmile rim. We ran Tower Arch Trail, did some hiking as well. We got a late start on Sevenmile rim trail and had to cut it short and head out. We ran into a couple dead ends but we made it out just fine. Plus side, got some night wheeling in.
Wednesday: Fins & Things Hell's Revenge. The weather was great and Fins & Things was a fun trail. The start of Hell's Revenge Bill D had some transmission problems so he turned back. The rest of the group carried on. Later that night I helped Bill correct his transmission problem and he was good to go the next day.
Thursday. Poison Spider Loop. We were running long hours on the trail so I decided to just run the Loop instead of adding Golden Spike and Goldbar. Another great day on the trail.
Friday: I decided to run Hell's Revenge again for a shorter day, and, well the trail was that much fun everyone wanted to do it again.
This time Bill D (who missed the run on Wednesday) and Blackey who rented a JK could join in on the fun. It was the perfect way to end the week.
It appeared everyone there had a great time and plans to run Moab in 2019 (April 29-May 3rd).

https://youtu.be/6xX6htL3EB8

https://youtu.be/q9LhEawj_TA

https://youtu.be/VAWwoBJZ9SY

Very nice photos and videos.
Thanks for sharing.
I do remember driving out to see the Confluence of the 2 rivers.
I think I was 12 or 13 years old back then.

Posi, you made the gate and that hot tub look easy! Is your CJ fuel injected? If not it looks like the carb did pretty well. Once again I missed on one of these trips. I’m hopeful to meet wheel with y’all in 2019!

I hope you can make the April 29-May 3 2019 Moab trail run, I enjoy wheeling with different members.
Yes, I'm FI. It was one of the things I was looking for when I bought my CJ along with a T-18.

Hell's Gate, if your equipment is right most can make it up the Gate, it's really just a mental thing. You can talk yourself into running it, or talk yourself just as fast out of running it.

I first inspected the obstacle from the top, steep, but didn't look too bad. About three quarters up the climb there is a near vertical section (this is when most front passenger side tires catch some air). I wanted to check this out so a few of us went down........holy schnikes, among other words used that I can't post here. If your on the fence don't climb down, stay at the top. However, going down made it a bit more exciting for me.

30d54af495aee181a267bd3e74fd580f.jpg

As with all pics and videos you have to be there for the real affect.

If you have at least a rear locker and geared properly I'm confident I can spot you up.

A guy from Alaska driving a Tacoma on 33" asked me if I thought he could make it up, and if I would spot him if I thought he could. I told him yes to both questions. I was happy to help him check one off his bucket list. He made it up without a scratch. He said his legs were shaking all the way up, and when we met up again at the exit gate he said his legs were still shaking. He was a real nice guy same goes for the group he was wheeling with.

Last edited:
bad lines = bad things...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

you did good Posi

:chug:

In Colorado Springs wrenching and wheeling.
We installed a new clutch into Posi's Jeep before heading out to the trails.
Changing%20Chucks%20clutch.jpg

Changing%20Chucks%20clutch2.jpg

J%20Colorado%20Springs%20burn%20trail%202.jpg

J%20Colorado%20Springs%20burn%20trail%201.jpg

Colorado%20Springs%20trail2%204-18.jpg

Colorado%20Springs%20overlook%204-18.jpg

Someone got a bit too close to the edge!
J%20Colorado%20Springs%20Rollover.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom