best and worst non Jeep off road vehicles you have owned?

best and worst non Jeep off road vehicles you have owned?
my favorite non jeep was my 83 toyota hylux pickup 4x4m that thing ruled
the worse would have been a chevy truck

The best non Jeep I had for offroad was my 1974 bronco, small block V8 and big tires, it was great, worst had to be 81 chevy short box, it kept breakin the frame,(stupid chevy).

1988 K-5 Blazer

That thing was a beast i've had water over the hood, and it just wouldn't die.
Never got it stuck and took it in places it shoulda never fit.
I had over 300k miles on it when I got rid of it. I'd take one again in a sec.

I've owned four 4X4s a 74 bronco, 97 Ram1500 ext cab and my two CJs (a 66 and a 74). Have had good luck with all of them. The bronco would go anywhere. I had 4" lift with 9.00x16 mil. tread tires on it and lockers front and back.
The CJs are the most fun to drive.:)

Best other then jeep is my lifted 2001 Chevy Blazer 4 door 4x4. I also had a '94 Blazer. Tows my jeep around the Midwest and if my jeep breaks i can wheel it, then tows me home. Also get 20 mpg!

my worst non-jeep was a '94 toyota 4runner, totaly unreliable! 3 engines in 3 years, 2 tranny's and broke EVERY axle and drive shaft under the thing! Cost me at least $800. every time I took it on the trail...WHAT A JOKE!

Best non jeep was an 88 ramcharger. 40" ground hawgs locked front and rear 4" lift. loved it! too wide for vermont trails though. Ended up loosing it in my divorce 10 years ago.

I've had great luck with every jeep I own or have ever owned, loved them all! Except my wifes grand cherokee.

'76 K5 Blazer with 400cid small block. Took it through the Rubicon twice and anywhere else I wanted to go. Other than not being able to see over the hood very well on rough trails, the thing was a tank. Sold it to my brother for parts when the engine blew. Until I picked up the CJ, it was the best off road vehicle I've had and was looking for another when I got the CJ as a Christmas present from my son. Now I know what a real off road vehicle is like.

Tommy

Worst; '69 Volkswagen Bug
Best; '73 K5 Chevy Blazer

I'd say worst was my 90 s-10 blazer 4x4. That thing was a pile on and offroad, and even worse as a hand-me-down after my brother hit a deer and cracked the frame.

Best offroad is probably my uncle's bobcat lol, seriously though, probably 03 F350 Superduty with all the doodads. That thing can drive up Kilamanjaro.:notworthy:

My best non jeep was 79 ford bronco and 70 vw bug and my worst was 78 chevy pickup or maybe it was my duece and half it was just to darn big, but it would go over or through most anything-it had too,:wtf: just to turn around

:banana:Gotta love the Deuce and a Half :chug:

you have all missed the best 4x4 on the planet! cheap, reliable,economical,
and a blast to drive. i have a cj 5 but cannot part with my 5" lifted, 31" tire
rear locker, 4.89 xfer case crawling SUZUKI SAMURAI.
just ask anybody that owns one.. after they stop grinning they'll tell you all about the beast...

radman

84 toyota pickup loved it
69 chevy blazer wouldnt get out of a puddle pos
79 ford f150 great truck only problem always broke down
86 chevy pick up always got stuck
88 cherokee love it
54 willys CJ3b love it
06 liberty wish I had a big enough trash can
91 isuzu it was so so

Best is my 02 Ram 1500, its my daily driver. only took it off road once but it performed nicely.

Worst is my 92 Toyota 4Runner. The 3.0 was gutless and its sitting in my driveway broke down as I write this.

Somewhere in the middle was my 73 Scout II. I was young when I owned her and didn't take very good care of her. Kinda wish I still had that old mule.

I'm so dissapointed. 4 pages and nobody ever wheeled a Danger Ranger? I've got a near stock 04 Ranger and I can out-wheel most people I know, all with an open diff. I can't wait to build my CJ and see if all these epic jeep CJ stories are true.

Just turned 45 and I've owned 7 Jeeps in the last 25 years.
There is no other. I love my 86 CJ7 and my 05 TJ Rubicon.
I've been 4 wheelin those Jeeps for the last 21 years. nothing but.
Guys at work say Landrover but no they don't beat a Jeep.
The old FJ Land crusers are good, but so is the 66-76 Ford Bronco.
The Sammys are good but to small for my taste. That's it It's a short list.
and Jeep is on top of that list as the best 4X4.

One of the best I drove was a parts chaser when I worked at a International,AMC dealer.A 1969 4cyl Scout great machine,
Worst was a 1997 Chevy Blazer my kids kept it broke all the time.

My wife commutes in a Nissan Pathfinder Offroad, and we have wheeled that regularly. It is actually a great suv for offroading. We have went everywhere my bro in law has been in his Rubicon and have yet to damage/break anything or get stuck. Until the new for '11 Gr. Cherokee came out recently, there really wasn't any other viable option with the two rating and performance we were looking for. Hightly recommended!

t10.JPG

I'm so dissapointed. 4 pages and nobody ever wheeled a Danger Ranger? I've got a near stock 04 Ranger and I can out-wheel most people I know, all with an open diff. I can't wait to build my CJ and see if all these epic jeep CJ stories are true.

I have heard of jeep trails, but never a ranger trail

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks