Build Thread 86 Drive and build

Build Thread 86 Drive and build
I shouldve read a little slower. When I saw Jeep T-18 first thing I thought of was the Dana 20. That 6.32 1st gear along with the lower gearing of the dana 300 should make a nice set up. What trans are you replacing and what twin stick set up is that?
The trans I replaced was a T5 it had been rebuilt but wasnt what i was wanting. The twin stick set up is a Currie Enterprise not sure if im a big fan of it but couldnt pass up the deal i got it for free :D

Good for you on the T-18:)
If you haven't yet I would pop the top cover off and take a look at all the gears, especially the Large sliding gear at the rear of the case being the 1st gear reverse slider this will be a Non Syncro set.........and for the most part because of that will probably show the most engagement teeth wear between the slider and the counter shaft set below it..............not a big deal but it's good to know the condition if there are any chipped teeth.
I assume this is a 6:32 low you can verify that by counting the input shaft gear just inside the case should have 17 teeth.
Likewise I would pay attention to your shifter and if it seems loose or warn out now's the time to do a little tune up on it.
There is plenty of info on this site regarding oil choices.
:D:D:D:D
I did pull the top off its in ok shape a little wear but nothing bad one little chip on the first gear It does have the 6:32 first gear. As for the shifter it is pretty tight no slop.

Found a 85 CJ7 tub, fenders, windshield, front clip with no rust that has been sanded the bottom of the tub painted with por 15 for $1000 :banana: think I will be installing over the winter.

Last edited:
Wow nice score :chug:

Brought out the track hoe to dig this thread back up. Been a long time sense I've posted. Between everything that's been going on I'm back. The jeep has had a lot of work done sense I was on here last. I feel bad I wasn't able to go on the Colorado trip last year.

Here is another picture some reason I can only post one at a time

Here in the middle of installing a new gauge

Looks good, I'm partial to the color, just did mine in the same shade.
Is that a linex or similar product?

Looks good, I'm partial to the color, just did mine in the same shade.
Is that a linex or similar product?

It's monstaliner pass the bubbly took me almost a year to decide on color. Pretty picky.

Nice color, and your jeep looks good

looking great lol you shouldn't have to worry about scratches

Here is the build list now i changed direction on what i was doing with it i no longer have the ford t18a, my built 4.2 flattened the camshaft so it now has Cherokee 4.0 with mpfi fuel injection, Air locker front and rear, 4.88 gears, ax15 transmission, monstliner, new windshield frame, rock sliders, smitybuilt corner armor, better dash with non cut speaker grills, new kenwood bluetooth stereo, intellitronix led speedo, warn 8000 winch, rear cv driveshaft, york onboard air, rear swing out tire carrier. I think thats all so many changes in the last few years.

Wired that intellitronix gauge in tonight had problems with it shorting out to ground. Found the circuit board was coming into contact with the gauge housing. Have some wires it didnt use I still have to clean up.

Ordered a new tom woods driveshaft for the front. While i was at it got new bolts and straps for the yokes. Upgraded to the better booted yoke with the full spline shaft.

Ordered a new tom woods driveshaft for the front. While i was at it got new bolts and straps for the yokes. Upgraded to the better booted yoke with the full spline shaft.

When I went to order my Tom Woods front driveshaft they also recommended the full spline and boot when you jump to 1350 u joints it gets a lot more expensive sure are nice driveshafts tho

When I went to order my Tom Woods front driveshaft they also recommended the full spline and boot when you jump to 1350 u joints it gets a lot more expensive sure are nice driveshafts tho

Yes they are very nice driveshafts mine wasnt a bad price so i decided to have them build me a new one.
Earlier that day I had called six states they quoted me 180ish dollars to cut down a shaft i have install a diffrent flange ( this one has a cv joint at one end ) and spin balance it.

Well rebuilt master cylinder ready to go in. Will start plumbing the brake lock this weekend.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks