Build Thread '76 CJ5 build

Build Thread '76 CJ5 build
Love the 76's, we have 2 of them... there was an old movie with Pacino I think as Louis Cipher... maybe you can work it into a vanity plate... great pic, and congrats... you are lucky you ONLY spent 15K!

cb

Just got in some new parts, new spring hangers, windshield hinges, and a new 12 circuit "Ez-Wiring" wiring harness and fuse block. Lets see how long it takes me to get this part done.

gedc0002.jpg

I thought the post '71 CJ's had boxed frames....

I'm not certain but I think for a few years they made them boxed for most of the frame. You can see in front of the cross member in front of the shock is where it is fully boxed,

The frames were open through 1975. When the '76 CJ5 came out it had a totally different frame that was wider in the back and boxed to somewhere back around the foward rear spring hanger. Starting in 1977 they were boxed all the way to the back. I have found that the boxed ones tended to hold mud and sand and rot out.

Yes, the '76 boxed frames do hold crud inside them. Mine took about three hours with a pressure washer to get all the mud out of the frame.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom