1st Annual Jeep-CJ Rubicon Trail Ride - planning thread

1st Annual Jeep-CJ Rubicon Trail Ride - planning thread
Sounds like it should be a fun time. Sure wish I was going to be there .

Awe come now - New Orleans isn't that far for a good CJ ride...

:D

Engine, transfer case and transmission are out right now for some good upgrades

22 Days until I'll be up in the mountains! Can't wait! (Well that's not true - I can and will I suppose, but not going to be happy about the wait...)

26 days until we all meet up Sunday 9/6/2020.

I put a new lift on, new driveshafts, and upgraded the diff covers front and rear. Fixed my fuel leaks, strengthened my skid plate, and most important - re-spray-painted my hood vents brighter red :D

Getting excited!
Just ordered a trac bar I was told by Summit will be in on the 28th, hope so. Axle shaft u-joints are in
19 days to touchdown.
1400 road miles, and 12 days of wheeling over 15 days with a CJ I've only seen in pictures........this should be interesting.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: 007
1400 road miles, and 12 days of wheeling over 15 days with a CJ I've only seen in pictures........this should be interesting.

I know right? lol Hope it works good since we're the ones that found it for you! lol

If you guys get the work on it done early, come meet up early and we'll cruise the area up there a bit.

Posi - did you ever post some photos of the new jeep anywhere? I forget what it looked like it's been so long. You've probably been looking at them daily lol

Its been 6 months pre-covid19, difficult not getting my hands on it to wrench......kinda like a grain of sand in my eye that I can't remove.
Thanks for the tip and link to the Jeep much apreciated however, you helped put that grain of sand in my eye. : )
Big thanks to 007 for all his help with my constant inquiries for axle, engine, and transmission BOM, ID#, and measurements . He has crawled over, inside, and under to fetch those #'s. Again, thanks 007!

Sending a email about closest food, drink, and ice stores for planning purposes.

Please remember there are no services where we'll be. If you don't get my email and you're on the list to go / are coming, please PM me / respond here ASAP so I can get you info.

Cheers
~ Jr

Did some shopping, packing, and tried to fly a borrowed drone for the first time...

Shopping.jpgPacking.jpg

Replacing Parts.jpg

In case not clear - the "test flight" resulted in a shopping trip. 30 seconds cost me $30... lol - Guess I should have read those instructions a bit closer... :D

Out where I worked, they tried to bring in some other companies to help diversify and help pay some rent for extra space we have, had a small drone company come in for a short time. They collapsed and left a bunch of bills and a few propellers behind image.jpeg

If one fit I could send

This is it - today is the day I'm heading up to the staging area to prep for the campsite / trip. Hope everyone's travel is going good and we'll see you all there soon safe and sound.

Cheers!

Did you have to evacuate?
Most CA. state parks are now closed.
Gary

Did you have to evacuate?
Most CA. state parks are now closed.
Gary
I saw that. My sister lives out in the desert and said the smoke is bad. Grass fires

I’m in Reno and smoke was horrible again Thursday through this morning. We had some wind that moved it around but it will be back.

A few of them were at my place last week wrenching and then headed out. Hope it’s all decent for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any updates?
Gary

They all got out a day early and are in Moab now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry - should have updated - yes we all got out off the trail on our target date, but as 007 said we had to get in, get our tow rigs, and get off the mountain a evening earlier than planned. The fire was not too far from our tow rigs camp location. While on the trail we were in no immediate danger though.

We'll be starting a pictures / report thread soon!

Cheers!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks