Build Thread 1983 CJ7 FRANKEN-J build

ok, next query...which appear to be the better/stronger of the 2, going with one of these to do the small block chevy swap, either tube support or welded plate style?
2022-07-29_085311.jpg
2022-07-29_090145.jpg
Thanks

Never used either of them, but I like the first set (black ones with the triangular piece in the center) vs. the separate tubes. Any idea if that triangular part is solid or not? I assume not because of what appears to be a welded seam down the bottom of one as seen in the pic. But I'm also sure the tubes on the other set are hollow as well. When I did my SBC swap, I kept the stock 304 mounting points on the frame, used SBC mounts on the engine (for an '84 Chevy PU), and used 1/4" plate to make some adaptors that also had extra holes to allow front/back adjustment a bit. Cost me nothing but some scrap metal and an hour or two of time cutting to size and drilling some holes. My engine is 420hp and I've never had any issues with this mounting.

20220731_132432.jpg

SCORE!!!!! Block hugger headers for small block Chevy, chrome, with gaskets, collectors and hardware for a 100 bucks...brand new unused. Franky's happy
2022-08-04_122733.jpg

Keep me in mind if you do decide to sell the three hundred. The best shipping rates can be had if you ship it directly from ups or fedex large logistical warehouses. My zip code is 79936.
ok, not sure if feasable, but the trans in the Jeep, the twin stick is in fact another Dana 300, I sold the other one already. It has a little seepage of fluid at the rear, will need resealed. Not sure about shipping if interested still, but would want $300 for it as is. I'm letting you know first, then will be advertising here/craigs/FB marketplace

Please send pictures in private message.

You haven’t posted any progres with the Franken-J. How’s it going…

You haven’t posted any progress with the Franken-J. How’s it going…
Been busy, bought a few parts for it, but been working on the TJ for the most part. Will try and do a few things before winter, I may try and finish the main body's bodywork before I pull it off the frame, then have to get the heat working in my garage. I guess I've been more lazy than busy lol.

The Winter is my do-this-do-that time. It doesn’t get real cold here in the Southwest. Good to hear from you.

Started back at it, removed front clip, engine is getting sold along with front axle and radiator, next week should have the body lifted so I can start on the YJ frame and axles to go under it.
2022-10-15_080358.jpg
2022-10-15_080346.jpg
2022-10-15_080410.jpg
2022-10-15_080425.jpg
2022-10-15_080437.jpg
Grill and hood are in better shape than my spares, so will reuse after some resto work on them, I have like new fenders to replace the old ones which are pretty rusted.

Please send pictures in private message.
your message box is at it's limit...Sorry, sold the twin stick locally, didn't want to deal with shipping it, plus the guy I sold it to is buying the engine and front axle along with some other pieces so it was kind of a package deal.

Also, the sbc 305 is being set aside for something else...I picked up a low mileage sbc 350 :cj7:

Oh man, that frame is shot.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks