Build Thread 1983 CJ7 FRANKEN-J build

Build Thread 1983 CJ7 FRANKEN-J build
Funny thing, I just ordered gaskets and seals (axle-pinion) for both set of axles before cleaning them up and treating them, etc etc, and the funny thing is, there must be numerous gasket and seal sellers manufactures, same damn seal, different color, with lip without lip etc, prices from 3 bucks to 20 bucks each lol. My favorite is the Dana 35 rear axle seal, look up for Wrangler and some are 20 bucks each, just punch in the national number for the seal and Timken comes up at 4 bucks, what a scam. Same with gaskets, I've never had a failure because I didn't spend 10x what some want. I think when I replaced them on my TJ I paid like $2.50 ea for seals at Autozone for crying out loud.

Thanks it doesn't look like they do custom builds. I am getting ready to put a Gen III LS1 in my CJ5

Thanks it doesn't look like they do custom builds. I am getting ready to put a Gen III LS1 in my CJ5
I seen a 4 core for a LS and Jeep conversion when looking for mine, I'll have to dig through my history and see if I can find it

I seen a 4 core for a LS and Jeep conversion when looking for mine, I'll have to dig through my history and see if I can find it
Thanks

Flea-bay search <---link
plenty of 3 core and 4 core to choose from here
The top one recommended by TCB8C is a 3 row and the other link Flex...Good Ratiator if you don't mind spending 8 or 9 hundred. But still good LS choices.
All will require custom hoses/lines

Mock the rad and engine in place and used a clothes hanger to bend and get length for hoses. It's much easier to have something handy when your down at the auto parts store. Then be sure and write down and take pictures of what works.

No new anything done yet, bought a few more rolling tool boxes and tool cart, as I'm acquiring too much stuff/tools all the time, and need to get things off the garage floor lol, as a side note, might be adding another YJ to the stable this week, a V8 stroker automatic for the wife.

Back after haitus Jeep work due to other pressing matters, only buying stuff still, no real updates. Some soon to come, Did get another Jeep, traded the MJ for a 99 TJ which I'm currently grafting a CJ front clip to

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks