Build Thread 1979 CJ7 Rapid restore - 1 Year build from tired and rusty to all go and some show..

Build Thread 1979 CJ7 Rapid restore - 1 Year build from tired and rusty to all go and some show..
I also stumbled across a great deal on 4 of these in 31 x 11.5 x R15 that will got back on the Chrome procomps or I may sell those and order another set of these Steel rims at the -44 offset. I know these Trxus are not great in the mud but I was looking for something I could toss on for more on-road trips, reviews say they do alright in the snow and general trail/sand. Either way the deal was too good to pass up on, not many people out there running 15's anymore..
1702053638979.png

I will be hitting up the cutting supply isle to grab a few of those disks next time I am in town! Its like trying to grind through Velvetta Cheeze...
I had great success cutting aluminum on a table saw and coarse carbide teeth. You must wear proper PPE.

I forgot to post this, snuck this in a couple months ago. Not finished but at least I have some music!

I wanted water proof speakers but settled for this super cheap Blaupunkt Amp and 5way 6x9s. the pods are Rockville MAC69B 6x9 Aluminum Wakeboard Tower Speaker Pod Enclosures which was by far the most expensive part of this installation but they are top notch quality.

I ran the wiring through the rollbar for a nice clean finish and I have no doubt the pods themselves are waterproof, I just need to find the right 6x9's in Marine grade. The HomeSpot bluetooth receiver is basic, no app required other than the music player of your choice on your phone. No radio option and thats fine by me :)

I don't have a picture but the amp fits perfectly in the bottom of the center console along with the BT receiver so its all hidden away..

I wasnt expecting the old Blaupunkt quality from the 80's and 90's at the price but they are decent enough for the price.

PXL_20230823_204937705.jpg

PXL_20230817_235402641.MP.jpg

No problem hearing it in the wind!!

PXL_20230910_022453059.jpg

Bet the passenger can’t hear any road noise with that setup

Guess those will blow you out with the top on. Top off, mine do fine on the highway. Top on, almost too much - almost. But they do hide the rattles for sure.:punk:

10089.jpeg 10090.jpeg

Guess those will blow you out with the top on. Top off, mine do fine on the highway. Top on, almost too much - almost. But they do hide the rattles for sure.:punk:
I almost went with the Rockford 6.5" but they were pricey from what I recall. What pods do you have? I'll be able to move mine back once I deal with the rollcage and have some extra bars to mount to, you kind of loose the stero effect with one speaker this close!!

Well.. finally got out of the garage today. Figured I would bounce around my back field first and check my steering work before anything further...

Back in the garage.. coolant leak coming from the passenger side head, looks like it's bubbling through the head bolt 😔 have to triple check all other possible source but sure looks like I'm pulling this motor... No fluid crossover so that's good but a good amount coming out.. looks like not at idle but give it a bit of load and that's when things appear to get wet. Have to pull that plug out also once it cools down and check that cylinder..

Major drag.. I am just at the 1000mile break in point and haven't even had a chance for a full pedal pull 😕

I almost went with the Rockford 6.5" but they were pricey from what I recall. What pods do you have? I'll be able to move mine back once I deal with the roll cage and have some extra bars to mount to, you kind of loose the stereo effect with one speaker this close!!
Mine are Clarion CM7123T units. I have a YJ sport bar that gives me the option to mount a bit back and at an angle. Here's a write-up: Stereo Setup

I am going to pull the header on the passenger side today and reseal/retorque that bolt before anything else crazy. I'm not sure yet if that very bottom last bolt on the passenger side hits a water channel, not all of them do is what I am reading so far this morning. If this one isn't hitting a water channel then it's likely a blown gasket or even worse case a cracked head..

Anyway here is the stance with the new steel procomp 10" -44 offset. Much better!

Attachments

• PXL_20231209_194826895.jpg
    PXL_20231209_194826895.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20231209_194847439.jpg
    PXL_20231209_194847439.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20231209_194817576.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231209_194817576.MP.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 7
Looks like my head is cracked.... maybe me but I expect a bit more for $20K(CAD) that was a turnkey build and pre-run at the builder to ensure no issues.. I will be calling BlueMonkey first thing in the morning.

zoom in and you can clearly see the crack.

PXL_20231210_192817879.jpg

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Grrrrrr. Enough to piss you off for sure.

Looks like my head is cracked.... maybe me but I expect a bit more for $20K(CAD) that was a turnkey build and pre-run at the builder to ensure no issues.. I will be calling BlueMonkey first thing in the morning.

zoom in and you can clearly see the crack.

View attachment 100165
Crack nothing... That's a casm... :confused::td:

I am sensing a set of these in my future. I did some digging around yesterday and something tells me BlueMonkey is not in business anymore. Their website is gone, and their Facebook page hasn't been updated in a while and the last update was a pissed off customer. Bad choice on my part, should have done more digging before going with them, hard lesson learned...

1702301177289.png

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks