Build Thread 1979 CJ7 in remarkable condition!

Build Thread 1979 CJ7 in remarkable condition!
I haven't had much time lately so I've been able to get on the windshield hinges, tailgate and that type of stuff.

Pictures to follow!

No time lately to get any work done!

Hopefully I'll have some time in about two weeks! I hope everyone else is progressing with their projects.

I'm right there with you - what little progress I'm making it's very little at a time...

Sent from my gas grille using Tapatalk

Well, Inhad some up dates with pictures but I guess Photobucket wants $$ now to show pictures.

Well that sucks.

Yes this really sucks, greedy turds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing oldjeeplady state they had their threads backed up as a word document, I realized I'm a knucklehead...... I've got mine set up as a word file also, and am trying to decide where to move all my pics to. Heck with photobucket....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took the gauges apart and cleaned the faces and colored the needles. I've got most of the dash reassembled except for the oil pressure gauge...I broke the needle while coloring it!

And yes, that odometer says 00000.0!

IMG_2215.jpg

I've been spending a lot of time lately with my hands in the blast cabinet cleaning all the original hardware for the fenders, all small under nuts and bolts for things like the battery tray and fender supports as well as the original body mount bolts.

Also I've got the pedal assembly completely cleaned and repainted. The lights are in the grill and lights and side markers are on too.

I'll get some more pictures tomorrow.

I don't believe I loaded pictures of the custom exhaust Inhad done.

They used borla stainless mufflers from my Patriot ceramic coated headers all the way to the side out puts just behind the rear tires.

Very detailed and excellent work done by S&S customs in jacksonville, Fl.

IMG_1816.jpg
IMG_1822.jpg
IMG_1824.jpg
IMG_1825.jpg
IMG_1826.jpg
IMG_1828.jpg
IMG_1830.jpg

Man that's beautiful, where are you having your photos hosted now?

Looks beautiful

Very nice indeed! I reset my odometer to all zeros as well..... figured since the title states mileage incorrect, it might as well show my mileage....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Imgbb is a place I found to host some photos.

It's not as friendly as Photobucket. That sure is a bummer that they broke all the old links if you didn't pay.

It's been awhile since I've updated.

So, I had the body just sitting on the frame most of the summer. I never bolted it down since I needed to change a V8 fuel line. I got the line changed and body bolted in place. Fenders, hood, and grille are in place too.

You'll also see a freshly blasted and powder coated original tire carrier and the brackets too.

I'm currently working on the underwood harness as far as extending a few wires for temp sender and oil pressure sender.

IMG_2230.jpg
IMG_2231.jpg
IMG_2233.jpg
IMG_2234.jpg
IMG_2239.jpg
IMG_2240.jpg
IMG_2242.jpg
IMG_2244.jpg
IMG_2248.jpg
photo upload

A few shots of wiring.

Since it was originally a 6 cylinder, I moved the distributor wiring along with the temp sender. It made more sense to me.

I'm waiting a two lengths of purple wiring; one with a white stripe and one solid purple. Kind of anal, yes!

I used new loom and new plastic wire clips that match factory specs.

IMG_2324.jpg
IMG_2325.jpg
IMG_2326.jpg
IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_2328.jpg

Also, for guys into NOS (new old stock), I have some items coming in the next few days that absolutely cannot be found anywhere!

Headlight pull with the logo, wiper knob with the logo, and lighter with the logo! And also a set of NOS heater cables!

All extremely rare and impossible to find unless you want aftermarket stuff that does not have the logos on them!

I'll post pictures when they arrive!

Also, for guys into NOS (new old stock), I have some items coming in the next few days that absolutely cannot be found anywhere!

Headlight pull with the logo, wiper knob with the logo, and lighter with the logo! And also a set of NOS heater cables!

All extremely rare and impossible to find unless you want aftermarket stuff that does not have the logos on them!

I'll post pictures when they arrive!

OMG so jealous, it would be nice if they made the knobs correctly with the logos, you have a very pretty Jeep

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom