Build Thread 1979 CJ7 in remarkable condition!

Build Thread 1979 CJ7 in remarkable condition!
The brackets look VERY nice!!

I am VERY anxious to see how much higher the Moab's are compared to what you had. Corbeau told me the seat adds a couple inches. I haven't set the height of the seat brackets yet - PERFECT timing. That is, of course, if you're willing to share a couple dimensions LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am also eager to see how the Moab sears work out. Those are my top pick! Which seat material did you go with?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Haven’t pulled the trigger yet - common sense says go with vinyl, but I hate vinyl seats. Either black vinyl with the fabric inserts

Sent from my gas grille using Tapatalk

The brackets look VERY nice!!

I am VERY anxious to see how much higher the Moab's are compared to what you had. Corbeau told me the seat adds a couple inches. I haven't set the height of the seat brackets yet - PERFECT timing. That is, of course, if you're willing to share a couple dimensions LOL.

Once they arrive, I’ll post pictures with me modeling them! I’m only 5’7” so there’s that too!

Once they arrive, I’ll post pictures with me modeling them! I’m only 5’7” so there’s that too!

My main concern is the distance from seat cushion to steering wheel. No tilt wheel here...... sighhhhh.......

I think the cloth centers is the way to go....... nothing worse than a sweaty crevasse

Instead of heated seats, refrigerated would be great!

My wife's car has those - always make think I peed myself...... LOL

The seats I ordered from Corbeau finally showed up after a month of back order.

They look absolutely fantastic! The feel is great. The fit is superb and the color is stunning.

I’m 5’7”, 165 and they fit me perfectly. They do NOT lean too far back as many have said.

I did use the original 4 aluminum spacers between the seat and the sliders.

Ask questions if your got them!

7_A688_E79_DCED_408_E_831_B_FDF79_F70_FC07.jpg
16_C7_C717_6_EAF_4_E04_B771_76_AA5_ED27_AB6.jpg

Such a beautiful Jeep you did a great job on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorgeous!! The AMC plate up front is a nice touch. No color shift between the vinyl and cloth - at least in the pics they look identical.

I’ll be hittin you with a couple questions now that the seats are in.

Your jeep really looks nice, color, and seats look great. Getting ready to get some new BFGs what size lift & tires are yours ?

Seats look great...!!! I've been debating the cloth inserts myself and keep coming back to all vinyl fearing rain and cleaning issues... (the dog goes hiking with us)

Gorgeous!! The AMC plate up front is a nice touch. No color shift between the vinyl and cloth - at least in the pics they look identical.

I’ll be hittin you with a couple questions now that the seats are in.

There is color difference between the two fabrics. It’s just not too distinguishable in the pictures.

I’ll take a few close up pictures to see if that may help.

Your jeep really looks nice, color, and seats look great. Getting ready to get some new BFGs what size lift & tires are yours ?

I used 33x12.50 BFGOODRICH KM2 on American racing Baja 15x8 wheels.

The lift is a 2.5 YJ Old Man Emu lift. I used YJ rear springs on all four corners. There are some changes to made to do this for the front but it’s all bolt on type changes.

I used 33x12.50 BFGOODRICH KM2 on American racing Baja 15x8 wheels.

The lift is a 2.5 YJ Old Man Emu lift. I used YJ rear springs on all four corners. There are some changes to made to do this for the front but it’s all bolt on type changes.

Thanks. I've got 2 1/2 lift and going with probably 31x10.5 BFG KM2 because I don't really think I can stuff 33s in there

Several people on the forum have said either go with 31s or 33s because 32s are hard to find quickly when needed on/off the trail. I might look into 32s

I’ve been a bit busy lately but I’m still waiting on my restored fuel and temp gauges to come back from Instrument Service Inc. I’ve also sent my seat belts out to ssnake oyl to be restored as well.

The belts will get the retractorers rebuilt, the ends rechromed, and new webbing sewn. These belts are pre 79 belts so they have the big square buckles that will get a touch up. (Also these buckles are the same as late 60’s early 70’s grand Torino buckles)

The steering is a bit sloppy with 2 degrees of castor so I ordered up some 4 degree wedges to go under the front axle.

Winter work to do but should be good to go by spring time.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom