You know you own a CJ when.....

You know you own a CJ when.....

shum8

Voted most irritating
Gold Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'80 CJ-7, AMC 304, T177, Dana 300, Widetrack axles (D30 & AMC20) w/ 3.73 gearing, MSD ignition,
While driving home from work in the rain today, traffic stopped at a light. I began to hear a new random “pecking” sound from an indeterminate origin. I started turning stuff off so as to better hear and try to figure out what was about to fall off. After 45 seconds or so I realized it was water dripping off the tree I was sitting under..... I’m still listening for stuff falling off LOL

Whenever I'm driving my jeep in traffic (no top or doors) and I smell burning brake fluid I immediately look around and check all guages to insure it isn't me before I look around at other vehicles to determine the culprit!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Whenever I'm driving my jeep in traffic (no top or doors) and I smell burning brake fluid I immediately look around and check all guages to insure it isn't me before I look around at other vehicles to determine the culprit!

Truth.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

And I’ll add that it also goes for the smell of coolant, engine oil, 90wt, burnt clutch, musty water, gasoline, electrical smoke, and burnt wood (that’s a whole other story...)

The only smells that don’t put me into full on defense mode is diesel fuel and cigarette smoke

Sent from my secret happy place using Tapatalk

Nothing like riding behind a V8 that is blowing out blue smoke needing a ring job or the other, no cat.

While driving home from work in the rain today, traffic stopped at a light. I began to hear a new random “pecking” sound from an indeterminate origin. I started turning stuff off so as to better hear and try to figure out what was about to fall off. After 45 seconds or so I realized it was water dripping off the tree I was sitting under..... I’m still listening for stuff falling off LOL

LOL! That's hilarious! When I put new non retracting seat belts in some time back. My wife would not buckle them across the seat after getting out. Then I would get in going somewhere and not realise it was on the floor (no carpet) and go through the same thing you did until I figured out it was the seatbelt rattling on the floor. But the sound like echos everywhere in the jeep, so you're straining trying to pinpoint the noise. Drives me.nuts! I swear my wife does it on purpose.

When you have to recharge your sound system......

00bc8d0b3b308ee09c995c5b4ab5d937.jpg

Sent from behind a nice, cold barley pop....

....when you start a small repair project and it morphs into much larger project because a PO made their version of a repair or modification.

....when you start a small repair project and it morphs into much larger project because a PO made their version of a repair or modification.
Case in point I replaced a radiator sometime back next thing I know I'm doing axel u joints then all of a sudden a locker because you know both are related to replacing a radiator. Don't ask.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Case in point I replaced a radiator sometime back next thing I know I'm doing axel u joints then all of a sudden a locker because you know both are related to replacing a radiator. Don't ask.

Maybe it all has to do with driving in that big puddle. :)

This confuses me, you say don't ask but how in the world could a radiator have anything to do with u joints and a locker.

Maybe it all has to do with driving in that big puddle. :)
That's not a puddle that is the monocacy river.

This confuses me, you say don't ask but how in the world could a radiator have anything to do with u joints and a locker.

I had the Jeep on the lift because it makes doing the radiator easier (yes I have a lift at home) anyway while changing it I noticed the front u joints looking a lil worse for wear as the PO either didn't know what grease was or didn't believe in it. So I decided to replace them then I was like well let's just go ahead and change the diff fluid at this point I was thinking a locker would be great to not get stuck in another river. So I put one in. Then I finally got around to finishing the radiator. BTW the comment about being related was a lil bit of sarcasm......

I'm pretty good at seeing it and dishing it out. :) it actually looked bigger than a puddle. But those are big sometimes

I..... BTW the comment about being related was a lil bit of sarcasm......

I have found that, when working on a CJ, any two parts that can be either touched simultaneously with both hands or can be seen by merely turning one’s head, are related......

Sent from the outhouse using Tapatalk

I have found that, when working on a CJ, any two parts that can be either touched simultaneously with both hands or can be seen by merely turning one’s head, are related......

I like that one. Maybe that is why just the other week I tore my whole dash apart to fix the windshield washer squirter when I originally set out to merely install a review mirror

See? Works every time..... I think I even saw it in a FSM somewhere

Agree 100 percent, if it attached to a cj it related.

When you are looking for one part and you end up buying 800.00 worth of parts because you think is a nicer upgrade. I.e. I needed new wiper blades and ended up buying the blades and 2 seats, PCV valve, dash lights, dash pad, tail gate cables, fender flares, shocks, tach and clock, new Bimini top

When you are looking for one part and you end up buying 800.00 worth of parts because you think is a nicer upgrade. I.e. I needed new wiper blades and ended up buying the blades and 2 seats, PCV valve, dash lights, dash pad, tail gate cables, fender flares, shocks, tach and clock, new Bimini top

Ok - In all fairness, all of those parts are directly related to each other - except one. Everything is topside but the shocks...... they’re bottom side. So to had to get all that stuff. Shocks were the only optional part LOL

Sent from the TV remote using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom