Help YJ to CJ body mounts

Help YJ to CJ body mounts

Ultrunner

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
‘85 CJ7, SCB 350, AX15, D30, Upgraded AMC20, D300
Question for those who have done the YJ to CJ tub swap.

What body mount bushings do I need? Is there a difference between the CJ and YJ bushings and bolts or are they the same? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solution
It's been a while since I've done it but if my memory serves me, Some times it doesn't, All the bolts and bushings are the same. Only difference I can remember is the rear most mounts are further outboarded on the YJ tub. There's a couple other minor differences but all can be cured easily.
It's been a while since I've done it but if my memory serves me, Some times it doesn't, All the bolts and bushings are the same. Only difference I can remember is the rear most mounts are further outboarded on the YJ tub. There's a couple other minor differences but all can be cured easily.

Solution

Thanks. Yes I’ve also noted that the mounts just forward of the rear tires are a little different, but I can handle that. It’s really the body mounting hardware I’ve recently been concerned with as usually sites will list the fitment for both and I haven’t seen that yet.

Thanks. Yes I’ve also noted that the mounts just forward of the rear tires are a little different, but I can handle that. It’s really the body mounting hardware I’ve recently been concerned with as usually sites will list the fitment for both and I haven’t seen that yet.

Yeah the ones right in front of the rear wheels are different as well. I'll try and get pics tomorrow. As far as the actual mounts I'm not sure since mine has a less than desirable body lift.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks