Yeti Update

Yeti

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
68 CJ-5 225 Daunless V6 W/T-18 Tranny. AKA Yeti
Hey All!
Sorry It's been a while.
After trying to figure out my odd tailgate... it looks like the tailgate on the Yeti is an old Willys.

see here. http://www.street2mud.com/gallery/album02/044_G
(Thanks to Rollbar's links:chug:)
I got the MC2100 Carb installed (still trying to figure out the PCV valve...) and I've been working with my neighbor to tune it up (new plugs, check the advance, etc).

We got it running better than it was. So good infact...
the water pump went out! (like CJ said it would!)
So I'll be replacing that this weekend and my friend suggests checking the timing chain since we'll have it torn down.

New Purchases:
BestTop Bikini Top
Fold and tumble Rear Seat (yes, it'll be tight!)
Various light lens covers.

I'll be looking to replace the rear bumper with a bumper/tire carrier combo. Anybody have a suggestion> (Yeti is a 68 CJ5)

Attachments

• DSC01291.jpg
    DSC01291.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 272
I'm glad your kicking butt on this - it is a great CJ.

Yep, that water pump was really bad! :)

If it doesn't have a logo, it might be one of the repops that were around about 10 years ago... I now have one that is a "New Authentic Mopar Tailgate" that has the logo on it... it was a bit more, but it is a nice CJ5 gate...

certifiablejeep.com - New Tailgate Installation

cb

Certifiable,
It does NOT have the JEEP Logo on it. It is has the embossed rectangle like the one you installed but no letters on it.

Water Pump installed and working (so far)! That was a chore! Althought the water pump looked exactly the same as the old one it must have been a little thicker because once the radiator was reinstalled there was about 2mm of clearance between the water pump fly wheel and the electric fan motor! This wasn't going to fly! So After much head scratching my girlfriend suggested I "just move the fan" :p. I had been so focused on the radiator placement that I hadn't even thought about just removing the 4 plastic "zip ties" that hold the electric fan on the radiator and moving it up and over to gain the clearance that I needed!!!:)
So Radiator reinstalled, filled and hoses double checked... It cranked right up and seems to be running and cooling like a top!
So I'm done messing with the engine for a while!:D
Now it's on the squirrly steering! (and spotty transmission)...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks