Winch mount???

Winch mount???

Cheepjeep85

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7, 258, t-176, D300, AMC20, D30
How have you guys got your winch mounted? I'm looking at making a mount for mine, needing some ideas. I'm building my bumpers Saturday so I got several different ways it could be done. Feel free to post as many pics as you want, it won't hurt my feelings any. :beer:

Droooiiddd 2

Made mine out of channel iron. Costco winch works excellent for the price. Here is a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• front bumper w winch.jpg
    front bumper w winch.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 13,567
  • IMG00119-20110717-1122.jpg
    IMG00119-20110717-1122.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 5,209
Used a universal Warn mount. Bolted to frame and welded to bumper and frame.

before building your bumper

get a winch plate that fits to the frame and then take measurements for the bumper

otherwise you may have to rework the bumper

I built my bumper today pretty plain lookin but I like it looks similar to the factory one but BEEF 2x3 1/4 wall with the ends capped. Got it so I can weld to the top and the winch mount will be flush with the bumper. I'm noticed that a lot of winch plates wrap down the side of the frame guess ill do the same. Maybe get some wide c channel that would give me a fairlead mount kida like suburban99. Thanks for the pics any body else can feel free to post up some more.

IO that's a wicked lookin bumper did you build it?

Droooiiddd 2

Last edited:
I did, that evolved over about 25 years.:D

wait till you see the next one!!

Old thread, but I'm resurrecting it to share my ideas. Did a bit of work on the winch plate of my build today. Wanted the winch low, between the frame rails, behind the front bumper. On an old CJ... that means pushing out the front bumper a few inches. It's not gonna be a rock crawler, so the minimal approach angle loss is something I can live with. For me the thing was keeping it down low behind the bumper like on an 900 series 5 ton. Nothing will be in front of the grill, so the radiator should have an easier time keeping my built Mopar 360 cool. There will be another mount on top for the hole in the top of the frame rail, and another one of those big 3/4" through bolts (each side) where I'm pinching the frame.

15m.JPG15n.JPG15o.JPG15p.JPG15q.JPG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks