kennethlarkin

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1994 Jeep YJ,
1982 CJ7 Renegade,
1979 CJ7 Renegade,
1978 CJ7 Golden Eagle
I have a chance to buy a CJ5 steering box and hoped to upgrade manual steering on my 7. The 7 does not have pump or pipes. I have a pump from a renault clio which ate the same. Its just power steering boxes are so hard to find for rhd CJ7

Thank in advance.

I have a chance to buy a CJ5 steering box and hoped to upgrade manual steering on my 7. The 7 does not have pump or pipes. I have a pump from a renault clio which ate the same. Its just power steering boxes are so hard to find for rhd CJ7

Thank in advance.

:)
What year CJ5 was the steering gear box coming off of? Chances are if it is a late 70's or early 80's it should be fine.......although some may have had a 3 or 4 bolt mount...........so directly exchanging them without re-doing the mount could be a possibility in bolt pattern and also fore & aft location. Also the Pittman arm will need to be looked at for proper geometry. Get the pump also that is matched to the gear.............I assume the Power donor is also a RHD.........make sure these used parts are all in workable condition or have them both rebuilt..........Good Luck!

:D:D:D:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks