Which Transmission and Transfer Case do I have?

Which Transmission and Transfer Case do I have?

77CeeJay

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'77 CJ7, 360, T150, Unk t-case and diff
I bought my first Jeep and my first 4wd vehicle yesterday, a 77 CJ with a 3 speed manual and 360 AMC motor. Very fun.

I'd like to put twin stick transfer case levers in it, but I don't know exactly what transmission/transfer case I have. I don't want to assume anything. I do all my own work and this is well within my abilities, I'm just ignorant on how some of this tech works until I learn it.

Also, this is my first carb engine other than several motorcycles and an 85 Chevy pickup when I was a kid. Where do I start on understanding how to install a manual choke to this thing? This morning was a pain with how cold it was.

Thanks all. Please be gentle.

Congrats! Welcome to the land of degenerates

I'd guess by year model you have a 20...that'd be assuming it hasn't been swapped by a PO

Here's a link to Novak's site...great info to be had as you dive in. This particular page will help you i.d. yours:

https://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/transfer-cases/

As far as the choke, most any universal cable will work...the linkage will be the key. Again...would depend on what you have. Could be a 2 or 4bbl.
Motorcrafts, Edelbrocks and Holleys are pretty popular swaps for those who don't end up going TBI. An electric choke is an option as well.

Last edited:
:ww::dbanana::banana:

If you could post or link us to some pictures, would be the best way to ID.
LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks