Which 33s should i go with?

have a set of wild country mtx on my wrangler and they have gotten approx. 70k n ready to replace. moderate noise, great wear, look great so i'm told. reasonably priced ta boot. just my opinion

Mine had pro comp muds when i.bought it 2 years ago and are still on it. Then again, only driven maybe 5000-6000 k in that time. I really really want the LTB tire because they look aggressive , come in 34.5 x10.50 ,HOWEVER being what they are I don't think the tires would like sitting still too long. Not sure how long it would take to get flat spots. I like loud tires though afterall it is a 4x4.:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I have a woodie for the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs right now for a multi use tire.

i have these and love em, just went out w/ a club on sat...didnt fail me once

One thing I have noticed about the less expensive tires is that they require more weight to balance which usually fall off anyway. I am also in the market for some 33s and am planning on those Goodyear mud terrains. From what I hear they have a pretty tough tread.

31" Goodrich A/Ts on the street and 33" super swamper's on the trail. My next set of 33s will be Goodrich KM2s.:D

This is kind of an unfair question, like what flavor ice cream you like.:laugh:

One thing I have noticed about the less expensive tires is that they require more weight to balance which usually fall off anyway. I am also in the market for some 33s and am planning on those Goodyear mud terrains. From what I hear they have a pretty tough tread.

Thats what I ended up with in 35s. Havent had them off road yet though. Theres pretty many wieghts on mine. Next time I think I'll go with an internal balance.

When i build my rig I built for a little bit of every terain that i might want to tackle at any one moment. I do Back road riding, mudding, rock crawling, Trail riding, Most anything i come across. I wanted an all around tire also. I settled on the Goodyear MTRs Not the best tire for any one thing but very good at most everything that i throw at it. Kind of funny looking with the split tread but there not very loud on the hot top and grab good in any situation.

i had a 81 chevy that had some pitbulls on it mad i loved its off road and on road .. they do have a bit of bite on the pocket tho but i love them better then swampers..

The couple people I know with Rockers love them off road. They are heavy and pricy though. But Swampers have become pricy too.

The couple people I know with Rockers love them off road. They are heavy and pricy though. But Swampers have become pricy too.

Any decent tire has gone up pretty drastically the last 2 years Id say. Trust me , I was watching. It almost seemed like a tire that was rated decent went up in price rather quick. The Baja MTZ and BFG MT jumped pretty quick.

As far as just off road tires all the Interco tires have gone up since the Pit bull rockers started getting alot of attention. List price for a 35 in Pit bull rocker is just under $400. :(

I was just looking at the swamper sx in 36x12.5 flavor (they don't make a 35x12.5) they were 350.:eek:

yea Prices are high but those pitbull can take a lot of miles on them and still almost look new had over 20k miles on them going back and forth from vegas to mn to nc to ky back to mn back to vegas back to mn done a lot of travel with those tires. im saving up right now for another set for this jeep!

I was just looking at the swamper sx in 36x12.5 flavor (they don't make a 35x12.5) they were 350.:eek:

Thats a nice tire. :drool:

yea Prices are high but those pitbull can take a lot of miles on them and still almost look new had over 20k miles on them going back and forth from vegas to mn to nc to ky back to mn back to vegas back to mn done a lot of travel with those tires. im saving up right now for another set for this jeep!

Whenever I finally get around to my Cj Im pretty sure Im goin with 2 sets of tires. Probably some 35 in BFG All Terrains for the daily driving and then some designated trail tires. If Im gonna spend $400 a piece on an aggresive off road tire then I want the miles I get out of them to be off road.

In my book, Super Swampers are A#1, and cost prohibitive for me. I will be going with the 33" Goodyear MTRs with a 6 ply rating eventually, down from the ProCrap 35s, I even managed to put a pipe wrench into one of those, usually just rocks and drywall screws. I remember the smooth wall BFGs with a 5 ply rating, and they were targets for sidewall punctures, I hope they have improved.

Last edited:
Pete, my buddy just bought a set. I just wanted to see how much they were.

Torx, I've seen a few of the new BFG muds get sidewall punctures, where no one else did.

I have 33x12.5x15 KM 2's. I like them. Great tire. Quiet on the road and work great off road in mud and snow. They are a soft tire. Not sure how long they will last on tread wear.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks