Which 33s should i go with?

Which 33s should i go with?

GoldenEagle36

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj7 Golden Eagle 304,automatic, Quadra-trac, full restoration just "finished." 4 inch superlift, lift shackles in the front, sitting on some KM2 Mud terrians
1999 tj 4 cylinder ax5 trans 3 inches lift 31s
1956 Dj3a all original except axles and engine, Hurricane 4 cyl. 4x4 conversion, 27,500 original miles 58 Jeep-A-Trench cj5 8000 miles.
i was looking for opinions on which 33s i should get for my CJ7 i was looking at KM2s but maybe........ you guys decide. moderate jeeping, mud no rock something that stands out. gives good appearance. any opinions will work:chug:

I have a woodie for the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs right now for a multi use tire.

I know a couple people with KM2's, they like them.
I like my mickey thompson mtz's for an all around tire.

I like my Swampers, but they are not for everyone....

well MTZs are over my budget:( but theyre nice tires. i was looking at thornbirds, General Grabbers with red lettering, and KM2s, then i went to super swamper and i was looking at LTB bias and the TSL radial. just so mcuh to choose from!!!!:confused:

well MTZs are over my budget:( but theyre nice tires. i was looking at thornbirds, General Grabbers with red lettering, and KM2s, then i went to super swamper and i was looking at LTB bias and the TSL radial. just so mcuh to choose from!!!!:confused:

Do NOT buy thornbirds.

whats wrong with thornbirds?

I was going to get a set of Goodyear MTRs.

Where to start....

1. They make a ridiculous amount of noise on road.
2. They wear like :dung:
3. They aren't worth a :dung: in mud or snow
4. The odd tread pattern causes them to plug up and not clean the siping out.
5. Did I mention they make a metric :dung: ton of noise on road?

Where to start....

2. They wear like poopie

All that plus they don't work off road either. :chug:

well i have come to the conclusion that i am NOT getting thornbirds. more than likely KM2s. thanks for the help guys!

Where to start....

2. They wear like poopie
6. They wander something fierce on pavement.
7. Did elwood blues mention noise?
8. They are extremelly susceptable to hydroplane and are flat out horrible on ice
9. The tread design does not perform as advertised...the side lugs are absolutely worthless.

I ran 33" TSL radials for several years as a daily driver and I absolutely loved them. I got over 30k miles out of each set before I traded them off and they had plenty of tread left. They are quiet, ride great at speed, and perform awesome offroad.

I have heard that the tsl's will be a few mounths before producting they moved the plant they make them at. I have a email to the company in process will post what I find. Maybe you might get lucky at your location and they still have some in stock. But I'm glad to hear you got 30k out of the tsl radials. Did you have any trouble with the lugs tearing off?

I have had BFG all terrain and BFG MUD. Both good tires. I'm running Goodyear MTR's right now and really like them. My son is running the BFG all terrains on his TJ (daily driver) and getting good wear without all the road noise. You need to think about how much off road your really going to do. My jeep in not my daily driver so I don't mind a little road noise when I take it out.

IF mud is your primary use then

1. bogger
2. other swampers
3. Simex centipedes (not sure if you get them in the US but used for the malaysian rainforest challenge)
4 MT Claws
5 any other road going tyre with an off road design such as BFG or GY MTR

I run the MTR in a 285/75/R16 which is a 33 x 11 and love them but I run mostly shale and sandstone rocks

I like the look of the newer MT Claw TTC and will prob move to them as my next tyre

The DuraTrac is a great "all around" tire - Rides and wears pretty well, looks good, fairly quiet and is one of the best tires in that price range. Being an "all-terrain" it will load up in heavy mud.

If he made the wrong choice he probable need new tires by now :laugh: so I will give my .02. For on and off road KM2's x2 or x3 whatever because I can't remember what I read :). I don't know about most, but my pro comp mt work great for me but it may be AIST :D.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks