Misc. Where were you?

Misc. Where were you?
man im still pissed off, and still remember it like yesterday

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
I was in Detroit, just finished loading my car hauler when it came on the news of the first strike, saw it replay on TV and then saw the live broadcast of the second strike, drove back to Cleveland immediately. Fuel prices were being gouged up to $5 a gallon until the Guberment stepped in the next day forcing it to be lowered back and refunds issued, was kinda chaotic for a couple days before things went back to everyday events, people panicked. We had guys loading in Canada at a rail-yard who got stuck in country for a while as Canada immediately shut down all their borders.
P4190013.JPG

• Thanks for the Post!
It's now 22 years later and I still remember as if it happened today but unfortunately for many the memory is fading or non existent.
I have met and know so many young people who were not born or were young on 9-11-2001 and the date is becoming as meaningless as 12-7-1941 has become and this saddens me.
For this reason I hope that we as a country always remember and teach our history!

911.jpg

911now.jpg

911pa.jpg

911pent.jpg

911then.jpg

911all.jpg

I remember I was in 10th grade English when another teacher busted in and said a plane hit the world trade center in NY. We turned on the TV and watched just in time to see the second one hit. I'll never forget.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Was driving a 73' car hauler rig, just got out of Windor to Detroit before they closed the borders, got back to my terminal, the first building was already struck, watched the second one on TV there, then made a "b" line home to my family, then watched all the gouging gas stations raise the price of regular fuel up to $5 a gallon trying to make a profit off of the tragedy, corporate asshats. A lot of lives lost that didn't need to, our government sickens me and has for a very long time. I will always remember those who were lost and those we lost trying to save others especially first responders who gave their life.

Summer camp out in Bastrop, TX with our local home schooling group. Had no cell service or TV in the camp and didn't hear about it until the next day when someone came from shopping in town. Eerie feeling for the remainder of the week trying to run the camp for the kids and have enjoyable experiences while also knowing what had happened and the major impact it had and would have ongoing.

Arrived at the airport prepared to step into the cockpit for another routine flight. They grounded everything. Flying would never be the same for me again. We didn't get back to "normal flights" for quite a while.

Never Forget !

Arrived at the airport prepared to step into the cockpit for another routine flight. They grounded everything. Flying would never be the same for me again. We didn't get back to "normal flights" for quite a while.
unless it's a prop airplane at I'm at least one of the 2 in the pilot seat, I'm not stepping into any aircraft, and I refuse to fly in a jet, not a phobia, but with the way our tech today has gone to :dung:, just a matter of time before they become as unsafe or unreliable as cars today, along with everything else that is made abroad.

I literally have no way of unpacking anything you believe to be true. As a retired instructor check airman with over five hundred thousand dollars invested into flying, and a focus on transitioning pilots into technically advanced aircraft, I have to say that your opinion may be lacking in reality. Modern flight has gone through incredible advancement and is continually reviewed for improvement. Some of the most advance airframes come from abroad. New advances in fuel and airframe construction are providing better reliable aircraft for the future. Advanced avionics have reduced workload and increased passenger safety immensely. I might add that I have lost over two dozen of my colleagues over the years. Each one of them was flying a "prop" driven aircraft on their off hours. The takeoff and landing phase of every flight is the hardest. I have over 14,000 of them. The only thing that keeps me from flying is a cancellation. I'm not trying to be harsh. Your opinion is just not the same as mine.

Agree with this ^^^^^ 100 %

• Thanks for the Post!
Sep. 11th I had the day off and was sitting in my recliner drinking a cup of coffee with the tv muted. Thought wtf is going on with that building and that plane looks low.....WTF. Unmute, watched it all happen.......1hr later I was standing in the recruiters office with 3 cousins and 2 buddies joining back up.
I caught the tail end of the gulf war with the USAF and another 6yrs in on the war on terror with the USN. Still work as a gov contractor, still in the fight.

I can’t believe it was so long ago, i wasnt even married yet, my kids werent even born yet but i still remember exactly what i was doing that day like it was yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a few blinks of the eyes. Doesn’t seem like that long ago. In fact still working at the same location.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks