Misc. Where were you?

Misc. Where were you?

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Where were you September 11 2001 @ 8:46 AM?

I was at work in my office working on a new turbine for Rolls Royce. Bad, bad day had just started. Productivity really stopped after that time.

Everyone was now hunched over their computers streaming CNN and hating life at the time.

I will never forget those who lost their lives at that moment and those who selfishly sacrificed themselves as well. 👶👧🧒👦👩👨👮‍♀️👮‍♂️👩‍🚒👨‍🚒👩‍✈️👨‍✈️

Wiki -->> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks

I was at the NASA rocket factory that day working. We had television monitors around the facility for watching launches of the space shuttle. I heard on the radio and went out to turn on the monitor and stood in silence for a little bit wondering how an airplane could crash into the tower on a clear day. Then we saw the second plane coming in.

I was standing in my classroom during first block. We had just gotten started, my wife called and told me a plane had just hit the tower. We started watching on the computers........ Yep, will never forget that day.

Just put this out this morning for the day....

b23389f7ebb052f37ac204bc10a4073b.jpg

2c3675a71be7e09ac1a4b50e93d3dfd7.jpg

Sent from right here.......

I was at work. My then wife was pregnant at the time and she called me and told me the bad news. I then told my buddies at work, we were in disbelief. I remember like it was yesterday.

Getting ready to go to work, watched it on TV in disbelief. Took an hour to get on base, Marines were heavily armed searched each car with dogs and mirrors. After getting on base was only in the shop a couple of hours when told all civiian employees had to go home. We weren't allowed back on base for 3 days.

I was sleeping after coming home from 3rd shift when a buddy called me and said turn on the TV. I couldn't believe I could actually see the smoke from my place in Pa. Didn't get any more sleep the whole day.

I was sleeping after coming home from 3rd shift when a buddy called me and said turn on the TV. I couldn't believe I could actually see the smoke from my place in Pa. Didn't get any more sleep the whole day.
That was from the last plane? Sorry you had to see that.

Yeah. Never Forget. Just a very dark moment. I live right outside the Poconos which is a kinda hotspot for NYers. It's a close getaway from the city many enjoy.

This shows my age. I was in 10th grade english class when it happened.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I was getting ready for work when the first tower was hit.

The part that sticks in my mind the most on that day were skies, cleared not one air plane was able to be seen, 2 hours later seeing a japans air line fly over work with four fighters next to. Seeing fighters ready to blow a plane out of the sky if it did anything that it was not cleared to do.
later that night i learned that plane was one of a hand full of planes that was allowed to enter U.S. air space

9/11 will be a day that i will never forget in my mind

We lost a lot of first responders and countless human life's, some people have still not been accounted for to this date!!!

R

You remind me about the fighters. We had LANG F15s flying overhead around here over the metro area.

I was a Drill Sergeant at Ft Knox with 3 months until I came off the trail. We scrambled to put guards on the gates amd tried to figure out how to tell the Pvts. We let all our Trainees from the area of the attacks call home to check on loved ones.

One of the trainees in my Troop lost their mother in the WTC collapse but we didn't get the word on that for a few more days.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

I was asleep, I worked night shift loading cargo into planes at FedEx, I woke up in time to see my mother watching it on tv and I walked in just before the 2nd plane hit, Every aircraft FedEx had was on the ground and stayed there for awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at my first duty station, Naval Air Station Brunswick Maine (which is how I know I'm getting old that base was closed after the 1990's realignment and closer stuff).

What most people don't know is that before they split up in Boston all of the terrorists flew from Canada through Portland Maine. The air station was closed down right for days, we were all just stuck there.

It was so strange to be at an airport and no airplanes were turning, or moving, nothing overhead, it was eerily quite. Walk in to air traffic control, and the scopes are dead except the fighters patrolling the east coast. Oh by the way, most of those fighters weren't armed, they had no missiles on them.

At the time I was a pretty low ranking, very junior Sailor. I was just doing what I was told, I really didn't understand the implications of what was happening at the time. I do remember very vividly having to go to the operations center to get a "classified" flight plan. This was a couple days after 9 /11, the all stop was still in effect. I had to take the double sealed envelope back to the air operations officer and make him with paperwork for it, yadda, yadda. An hour or so later, this C130 lands and taxies to a stop to refuel, a couple dozen hard-*** looking dudes in desert cammies jump out, hang out and the leave.

A little more than 2 years later, I was on my very first ship deployment on the USS SAN JACINTO, and we launched 30 tomahawk cruise missiles in to Iraq to kick off Operation Iraqi Freedom.

At home trying to finish my deadline this week. Thank goodness it is almost Friday, my brain cells can finally take a rest.

Bastrop, TX camping with a church youth group. No TV or cell service. Learned about it a few hours later when another person returned from getting some supplies in town.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks