Where can i find the best front driver and passenger side floor pans?

Where can i find the best front driver and passenger side floor pans?

Hap

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
80 cj7
So i know that there is a bunch of sites that sell the front floor pans for jeeps but i'm look for some advice for which one may be the best. I own a 1980 CJ7
(base version i "think") and the front floor pans are just rusted because of the Houston Texas humidity (plus rubber floor mats) which probably did not help.
But any advice would be greatly appreciated, thx.

Most Jeep stores will have replacement panels. There is a place in Wisconsin that actually has made in the USA parts. Though I make most of my own panels, and have not purchased from them yet, reading their description of how their parts are made makes me think the products are of high quality. I will probably order some floor panels for our 79 CJ7 since the price is reasonable enough that it is not worth my time to fab my own.

Oops! my hyper link did not work! Thanks PB, that's the place in Wisconsin.

depending on how bad the rest of the tub is you can use a YJ tub and swap it over with only minor changes needing to made. Also the later (94-95) YJ's are galvanized to prevent rust in the future which is good if you plan to do any wheeling and or frequent mud and water

depending on how bad the rest of the tub is you can use a YJ tub and swap it over with only minor changes needing to made. Also the later (94-95) YJ's are galvanized to prevent rust in the future which is good if you plan to do any wheeling and or frequent mud and water

Sure wish AMC would have thought about galvanized metal back in the day instead of going with bare metal unprotected. That's the reason I stay out of high water and mud to this day.

Sure wish AMC would have thought about galvanized metal back in the day instead of going with bare metal unprotected. That's the reason I stay out of high water and mud to this day.

not me see....
IMG952496_zps3ewgoh7s.jpg

I bought these from Morris, they are Omix I believe, they fit fine, no problems installing, and nice thick steel.

Most Jeep stores will have replacement panels. There is a place in Wisconsin that actually has made in the USA parts. Though I make most of my own panels, and have not purchased from them yet, reading their description of how their parts are made makes me think the products are of high quality. I will probably order some floor panels for our 79 CJ7 since the price is reasonable enough that it is not worth my time to fab my own.

not me see....
IMG952496_zps3ewgoh7s.jpg

That would be fine if I had a beater like you:notworthy: my problem is my body is in good condition so no use feeding the rust monster now. Otherwise I would bury mine also :chug:

That would be fine if I had a beater like you:notworthy: my problem is my body is in good condition so no use feeding the rust monster now. Otherwise I would bury mine also :chug:

beater yes but rust free as i did the yj tub swap years ago i just never got around to finishing the body and paint work as i began to work on and upgrade the mechanical aspects i will start a build thread before to much longer

HAP: I have a really nice set of floor pans from classic enterprises. They are nice thick steel and made in the USA. I won't be needing them since I bought a YJ tub. They were $55 each but I'd let them go for $50 plus shipping if you are interested.

Manic Mechanic: As I'm preparing to swap my YJ tub on I was curious if you as any insight on body mounts. What body mounts did you use on your swap? I just bought a new 1" daystar CJ7 kit and I'd like to use that but I believe the bolts are different sizes.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manic Mechanic: As I'm preparing to swap my YJ tub on I was curious if you as any insight on body mounts. What body mounts did you use on your swap? I just bought a new 1" daystar CJ7 kit and I'd like to use that but I believe the bolts are different sizes.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont know if the daystar will work i will have to check i simply bought a yj kit and tossed the parts i didnt use. i did have to modify the rear cross member as the yj tub has its rear mounts spread farther apart due to the wider leaf springs. there are also a few you will have to do as well first and most obvious is cutting a new fuel filler hole and filling the old one as yj and cj fill hoses are on opposite sides. also the tail gate area will need to be changed as well since cj folds down and yj swings out.(dont forget to switch the latch brackets that are welded to the cj tub) (i for got mine and had to make a trip to the junk yard to buy parts that i needed and through out when i scraped my tub) you will also need to cut 2 holes in the header panel below the windshield as cj blows the defroster though the inside of the frame and yj uses external duct work. also depending on year of your yj tub u may or may not need to change your windshield mounting nut the early tubs are the same as the cj where the little black tab with the hand bolt attaches the later ones are slightly wider apart by about 3/8 of an inch. if u need specific details let me know i will be happy to help.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks