Diff Wheel Seal Locking Hubs with Quadra Trac

Differentials
Diff Wheel Seal Locking Hubs with Quadra Trac

rcazparts

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7, 304
Rebuilding the Dana 30 on my new to me 1979 CJ7. Wheel seals should be easy. These locking hubs have been difficult. Evidently, the kit for the locking hubs comes with spindles. Those spindles use a different wheel seal than the stock parts. NAPA sold me SKF part 21159 for $22.90 per seal as stock replacement. Inner diameter is too small by 1/2". Finally found a part number printed on the rubber of one old seal: 5356675. Local parts houses don't recognize it. Google returns a number of links to the seal for online vendors. Amazon returns seal Omix-ada 16708.03. Google returns 4 Wheel Parts has this one so they ordered it and should be here tomorrow. Hope it is correct. Oh, it cost $3.99 per seal.

Try Rock auto next time

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Rock Auto returned seals based on 5356675, but the dimension were wrong. Shaft was 2.312 where I am measuring 2.85 on the seal surface of the spindle. Rock Auto did not return anything for 16708.03.

Rock Auto returned seals based on 5356675, but the dimension were wrong. Shaft was 2.312 where I am measuring 2.85 on the seal surface of the spindle. Rock Auto did not return anything for 16708.03.
Interesting I wonder if the axle is original or been swapped out or changed at some point

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks