Whats worth more..stock colors or redesign?

Whats worth more..stock colors or redesign?

ssone

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ 7
MJ
Hey guys,

(Skip to the bold area unless you want a little light reading first)

I had a CJ and it seized. The CJ was the love of my life ;)
Anyways, since it seized and I needed the money (I still got $2,000 for it)..I needed a new vehicle. The only thing I could afford after that was a different brand car or a $1400 MJ..so I stuck with the jeep family.

After assuming it would fall apart on the 4 hour drive home, it's now been 9 months and still a beast. The engine runs better at 146,xxx than my CJ at 117,xxx, and I can see it going to 250.

Problem is, I miss my CJ, and I want to get a another one.

I am now fixing rust spots on the MJ body and painting it, to make it a little prettier when selling it. My question to you is..I have EVERYTHING stock except for shocks, gas tank, and new clutch. So is it worth more if I touch up the existing paint or if I give it a new paint job (I'm an expert designer so I can make it SICK in red, and dye the interior black)

Origional Color (What it looks like now):
2qib6z8.jpg

After I paint it (rough photoshop):
qq8mc3.jpg

Thanks!

Find the popular color for that model when it was manufactured and see if you like it.Also the popular color for this year of trucks.
My 2 cents worth
Mike

Thanks for the reply :cool:

The blue that's on it is on most so I think it may be original, if not pretty close. The interior is all original and blue as well

That red is a nice color but to do a color swap like that can open a can of worms since you have a blue interior and your engine bay door jambs etc. are all blue it is a undertaking to be able to get rid of all the blue

Very true gert, it will be tough. Pretty much everything interior-wise is blue. I re-painted my old CJ and that was quite a project as well , this one definitely more challenging..however I've become pretty decent at interior painting/dying so we'll see. :cool:

I'd leave it the same color, get it ready for paint, then put it up for sale.
That way the prospective buyer will not only be able to see the condition of the body (and all related repair work), but could pick the color themselves. paint work and interior will be added into or negotiated into the price for the truck.
I get nervous when looking at a recently painted vehicle for sale. Not knowing what is under all that fancy paint (ie. repair quality, paint prep) is a major turn-off for me.

I agree with MLittlecj I get turned off by new paint.
I also don't like to see the engine and underside steam cleaned.
I want to know what I'm buying. Just my 2 cents.

Very true guys. I'm not looking to gip anyone, as I said the thing runs frickin awsome (if I wasn't in love with CJ's I'd keep it in a second), but anything I know I can do really well for cheap compaird to what a pro paint job cost would be is how I'm lookin at it.

I wish I could put an ad and say "I'll get it painted whatever color you want" but theres thats just not sane for many reasons.

if youre trying to sell it i wouldnt be putting a whole lot of money into it its a nice rig but not a colletors item and it doesnt matter how cool it looks to you its all about the buyer in todays market. and also red is the most expensive color to paint this might be a consideration when figuring profit margin

I would stick to stock, to much to change with new color to do it right
unless it is a frame up where you take off every panel, piece of trim, etc.

I look for stock paint well taken care of

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks