What you use for a tow rig?

coldair

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 cj7 in the works,
1996 F350 crew cab with a 5.9 cummins
What do you guys use for a tow rig? Lets see them!! :D

I'll start off this is what I use. Has the gas hog 460 with a zf5 trans, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears. soon to have a cummins 12 valve installed in it.

Attachments

• f-350.jpg
    f-350.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 482
Here is mine.

Truckpic1.jpg

O.O., 01.5, Dodge, 2500, High Output (H.O.) Cummins Turbo Diesel (245/505), Quad Cab Long Bed (QCLB), 4x4, Sport, Original Bosch VP 44 Injection Pump, 6 Speed/NV5600 Transmission, 3.55 Gears, 102k, currently stock engine, Fram Air Filter, 285/75R16s, Glow Shift Gauges: Fuel Pressure (FP), Boost, Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT), Oil Temperature, SMARTY@1, Airtex lift pump 19 psi @ idle, 14 psi @ WOT, Propane Injection, 2 Stroke Oil, Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Fooler = Better MPG, Bed Lined, Chrome Nerf Bars, more to come!!

Toyota Tacoma 2.7 l 4 cylinder. all in all I was impressed with this. If I pulled more I would want something bigger but for Texas it is OK. Colorado, mountains are a whole other ball game, it's a lot more work and no speed records will be set.:cool:

95 dodge 2500 with a gas hog 8L. V10, but it keeps up with the diesels going up hills.

Attachments

• IMG_2678_817x612.jpg
    IMG_2678_817x612.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,099

'78 Chevy with a 454 turbo400 and 4.10 gears
Since I have had it I have installed a RV Cam double roller timming chain fixed a valve in a head changed it from a standard trans to a auto. Also when I goy it it was brown with a cream color center so I repainted it Blue inside and out its a base coat clear coat that I wet sanded 3 times starting with 600grit and ending with 2000grit and then buffed and polished out so its as smooth as glass. Took me a hole winter to do it

My 5.0 Mountaineer handles the CJ tow fine. It has a factory tow package and I added progressive electric trailer breaking and a little powerdyne supercharger... ;)

on_the_trailer_1.jpg

Here's mine. 2009 Ram 3500. Up and down the Mountains of Colorado, factory exhaust break is a huge plus.

Pretty interesting to see the diffrent rigs we use.

I'll have to sniff around for a picture....but I've got an 06 Ram 2500, reg. cab long bed. Yep -- It's got a Hemi. :D

I wouldn't be too upset if it had a Cummins, though.

Haven't towed my jeep with it yet, but a 98 Chevy 1500 suburban with the 5.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aqy2uge3.jpg

The only picture I have is the rear end but its a 06 f350 crew cab
6.0 4wd we have even slept in it.
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

aqy2uge3.jpg

The only picture I have is the rear end but its a 06 f350 crew cab
6.0 4wd we have even slept in it.

Oooo, now I'm jealous.. you know, we make it to Panama City, for a little vaca every couple yrs.. be cool to "hook" up..;)

Come on down

Coldair,

Still have a 2008 Super Duty, diesel. (did I spell that right?) I have a tendency to forget the CJ is back there sometimes. I have to look at the fuel gauge as a reminder.

'95 Superduty with a 7.3l PS.

f450_2%20004-L.jpg

2013 Lincoln MkT. AWD, Ecoboost (365 HP).

18+MPG towing, 24 MPG not towing.

I tow a boat with it also.

Driving the two is like Night and Day. The Lincoln has Every avialable Techno feature: Voice command, etc. Your hands never have to leave the steering wheel for anything (audio, climate control, speed, phone/texts-nothing).

The Jeep? Well, it's as BASIC as it gets. The ONLY Electronics on board are the Delco HEI distributor-That's it! It "Hands On" from that point.

Plus, I actually have an activity for my left foot (Clutch).;)

Will post pic.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom