What Would You (should I) Pay for a Rusted '82 Parts Jeep CJ7?

What Would You (should I) Pay for a Rusted '82 Parts Jeep CJ7?

cloudsrest

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'84 CJ7, 4.6L stroker, D44's, D300, NV3550, 35" MTR's
I'm looking at a rusted out 1982 CJ7 Laredo with lots of good parts, but the body is toast (lots of holes you could poke a few fingers through). It's all original except for 1 piece rear shafts. It has widetrack axles with rebuilt rear Limited slip, T4/D300, 258 is strong with 70k miles but emissions stuff is all missing, good hard top, good 21 gallon poly gas tank, good dash with tach and clock, good aluminum trim and chrome pieces all around, extra Motorcraft carb+intake manifold and other misc engine parts, etc. It's a complete Jeep, just rusty and won't pass smog the way it is.

Any idea what it's worth? It has valid plates and comes with a title.

I wouldn't pay more than $1000- $1500 at the most for it.

If the motor is as strong as you think and it has a clean title in my book is instantly worth at least a grand. Be realistic about the value of the rest of the parts you want to raid off it and go from there. If you bought a tub from a donor and there's enough stuff to take 2 and make 1, I'd be willing to give 2G's but not much more.

If the body is that bad, the frame probably is as well. Personally, I dont think I could go much more than 1k

If the body is that bad, the frame probably is as well. Personally, I dont think I could go much more than 1k

I am in the 1k club as well for a CJ7.

Total sum of it’s parts, then half it. That’ll get you in safe. I just bought an 86 258 with California emissions and new stepper carb, but my 82 is pre-stepper and no emissions so I’ve filled a box with all the extras I’m not using. When i think of what a setup like what i bought will cost you just for a solid engine with literally everything attached to it, you should be safe up to 2k.

The fella did an LS Swap so i got literally everything (down to the starter) for $400 and I’m happy. If you can get a whole running Jeep........ there is equity in that.

Attachments

• DAE02A17-AFEB-4F14-953A-F15127A901A8.jpg
    DAE02A17-AFEB-4F14-953A-F15127A901A8.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 473156FD-54ED-413E-B964-D191D3B9FF56.jpg
    473156FD-54ED-413E-B964-D191D3B9FF56.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 52

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks