What did you do to your jeep today?

What did you do to your jeep today?

BrockGrimes

Jeep-CJ.com Archive Master
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
ON THE HUNT AGAIN
Thought we needed a generic thread for misc. jeeps.

I pulled the oil pan off the wifes '06 LJ to investigate an oil leak.
It was leaking between the pan and transmission.
Looks like it was the oil pan gasket that and the oil pan bolts was
really, really loose or so it seemed. Torque value for the bolts are
only 84 inlbs and 136 inlbs, so what 7 ftlbs and 13 ftlbs. Not alot
but still seemed really really loose to me.

We'll see how it goes. :cool:

I looked at the J10 in the driveway. Thought about the exhaust leak and various fluid leaks I'm going to have to get to sooner or later.

I didn't actually do anything to it though...

I took an on-road joy ride (new shocks helped a ton!), tightened up the ground for my intermittent wipers, and added some extra Velcro to the soft top so it stops coming undone when I'm on the freeway. It is nice to not have any major projects.

I bought a dedicated off road wheeler so I could be a little nicer to my evolving CJ.

this is a good idea Brock.
I have found out what the term "daily driver" truly means.
you daily driver is the one you work on when you have to. Spent quite a few hours working on the J-10, new water pump change coolant and oil and take care of a couple problems with the heater, it is winter after all. But now I am off to the shop to work on the CJ some until it is time to get cleaned up and go to a holiday over eating session.

Does any body else notice that machinery can become "jealous" if it does not get enough or perhaps equal attention?? The truck will run better after cleaning the floor mats and washing the windows, figure that one out. just as example it would seem that after replacing the water pump the valve cover has stopped leaking.:wtf:
The universe is a strange place sometimes.

Buttoned the wife's jeep up and looking good so far!
Drove mine still wanting to install new gears!

hang a 3 pound hammer under your hood that will keep your motor in place.and a picture of your last crash taped on your dash so you don't forget the hurt

I pulled the tub off the CJ8 today and drove to new York and picked up a new fiberglass tub and front end

it was a nice sunny day in Ojai temperature in the 80s.What a day for a race around the jeepster.At the start line with wire brush sand paper.the horn blows and the never ending rust race begins.hours later i have all most managed to connect the body to frame.but the lose was still mine .the seats were nothing but dust

Well if it makes you feel better I did drive off/over a curb for a little parking lot crawling action on the way out to go home!
It should be mandatory to run :dung: over leaving work!

I took advantage of one of the last warm days for a while to replace the exhaust gaskets on the driver side of the engine in my J10. Good thing too since several of the bolts were waaaaay over torqued and the two remaining bolts were finger tight. Guess which one was leaking? Yeah, the one with HALF THE GASKET MISSING.

It's much better now. :)

Over the last two days I drove about 660 miles from Oklahoma to Iowa to visit the folks in the J10. It ran just fine so far. And we're getting some snow so I can go out and play a little tomorrow. :)

The boy and I took a 200 mile round trip to Lubbock checking up on me going back to school and car shopping.

I bought my jeep 2 christmas presents a warn 9.5 ti for the front and a warn m8000 for the rear.

Gonna start putting my engine back together.....after a quick trip to Autozone to rent a ring compressor.

I took my J10 out for a spin in the snow. I did donuts in the parking lot of my old high school. :D

I took my J10 out for a spin in the snow. I did donuts in the parking lot of my old high school. :D
sweet! The makings of a Kid Rock song :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks