What did you do to or with your CJ today?

What did you do to or with your CJ today?
Mine are warped. Ballistic has some great ones but they don’t make one for 2.5” width springs, but I stole their idea.

Attachments

• IMG_3105.jpeg
    IMG_3105.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 8
Took about a 180 mile round trip to visit a good Jeep friend. Pretty nice weather. Went topless. Pretty cloudy going but cleared up before coming home. Low 70s so really enjoyable. Some of it along the Mississippi beaches. He has 2 scramblers and 2 CJ7s. And about a month ago traded in his Gladiator for one of those new Jeep 4 doors with the 392. I know it as 4.56 gears and 2” lift with 35s and probably everything else that comes you can imagine, and roars and hauls A BAD WORD. And gets better gas mileage than mine. He said if I drove it I would want one. He was 100 percent right, except for that price. Really nice.

Mine are warped. Ballistic has some great ones but they don’t make one for 2.5” width springs, but I stole their idea.
Nice job.

Took about a 180 mile round trip to visit a good Jeep friend. Pretty nice weather. Went topless. Pretty cloudy going but cleared up before coming home. Low 70s so really enjoyable. Some of it along the Mississippi beaches. He has 2 scramblers and 2 CJ7s. And about a month ago traded in his Gladiator for one of those new Jeep 4 doors with the 392. I know it as 4.56 gears and 2” lift with 35s and probably everything else that comes you can imagine, and roars and hauls A BAD WORD. And gets better gas mileage than mine. He said if I drove it I would want one. He was 100 percent right, except for that price. Really nice.
Sounds like a nice trip. Is your friend a member here? We would like to check out his CJs... :)

No. On another one. He helped me get mine finished after I ran out of patience and will. Reading his very detailed posts I knew he was the guy to ask. Couldn’t be happier with the work he did .

How cool. A lightly modified LS from the junkyard and you can keep up with him all day long, Belizean.

How cool. A lightly modified LS from the junkyard and you can keep up with him all day long, Belizean.
I heard that, but I never had the need for speed. My Jeep came almost 40 years ago with the AMC 150 I4. Last year I got it swapped to a 258 I6 with FI and feel like I have all the power now I will ever need. But it was very fun the few miles I drove it. That probably would be the way to go though with the LS. My account is big enough, but my wallet would never open that wide.

Gotcha. I hear you.

Looks like a good one.

Just be cautious with the 400sbc they are Siamese blocks and are prone to over heating as they don't have true water passages but rather steam holes. Open highway running would be fine but off road with a smaller radiator (Jeep is much smaller than the cars they were in) may not provide enough cooling.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Just be cautious with the 400sbc they are Siamese blocks and are prone to over heating as they don't have true water passages but rather steam holes. Open highway running would be fine but off road with a smaller radiator (Jeep is much smaller than the cars they were in) may not provide enough cooling.

Yeah I was looking near by a couple years ago at a Scrambler w/350 engine and 350 transmission. The guy had built it 20 some odd years ago. He admitted it ran a little warm going down the road, but on the trails with no problem he said. He also put louvers on each side on the hood

Yeah I was looking near by a couple years ago at a Scrambler w/350 engine and 350 transmission. The guy had built it 20 some odd years ago. He admitted it ran a little warm going down the road, but on the trails with no problem he said. He also put louvers on each side on the hood
This is @BusaDave9 's hood.

currently 2 electric fans, I was going to convert back to a fan clutch and one backup electrical fan, all too familiar

This was them. I would have a hard time cutting into mine. 6038D17A-60FA-44EA-AB55-C5A489129163.jpeg

My 350 with 700R4 auto was running a bit hot at higher RPMs (freeway driving), but fine at lower speeds (around town under 55). Couple of things solved it. Hood scoop, open top air breather, and a spacer to raise the air cleaner higher under the scoop to allow cooler air in. This dropped my IAC readings about 20 degrees. Added side hood vents (2" round holes with screen covering them on the inside). And removed the grill shield (still on in this pic). Seemed to be scattering air flow at higher speeds. Now keeps at 190-195 at 75mph (about 2500 RM).

hood_vents.jpg

I switched to an all aluminum radiator and electric fan controlled by my sniper EFI

I do have a 4 core aluminum radiator and the Contour dual electric fan setup controlled by my engine's ECU. Keep in mind that my heat issue was at higher freeway speeds. So the fans are really not doing anything at that point. Yes, they're running. But at 70MPH, you should have far more airflow than any fan, electric or mechanical, is ever going to pull in. The grill guard in my case was upsetting the higher speed air flow; and the scoop and vents help even more with cooler incoming air and engine heat escaping. I also made cutouts in the integrated fan shroud with "flaps" that remain closed at lower speeds, but blow open at higher speeds to further allow more airflow through the radiator. Now at lower speeds around town and in traffic, the fans and aluminum radiator do just fine.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom