What did you do to or with your CJ today?

What did you do to or with your CJ today?
LOL - Not really as it is still attached to the post!

I'll just let it be and see about it later as I know it is going to bother me.. :laugh:

Oh yea, I worked on more documentation for my Dana 20 rebuild article today... I plan on starting the build in a day or so!

And the Team Rush that I did. Coil is also on backorder. :rolleyes: This was done previous to today. Still not a bad day for starting at 4:00 and posting by 6:30. I even ate a little :)
teamrush.png

Ha Ha. I went to preview it and didnt see it except for the "clicky" so I decide to put them on photobucket. Kept it there and showed it after I edited? I dunno. I have a hard enough time messing with technology thats 25 yrs old. :D
LOL - Not really as it is still attached to the post!

I'll just let it be and see about it later as I know it is going to bother me.. :laugh:

Oh yea, I worked on more documentation for my Dana 20 rebuild article today... I plan on starting the build in a day or so!

Finally made a dent in some much needed work, plenty more to do, but it's a start. Pulled the manual steering to start the PS upgrade, finally fully installed and wired the winch, installed the HD shackles.

old stuff torn out
001bfl.jpg

Started installing the pump, the gear box is in. Now just waiting for the lines to get here.
002xpj.jpg

Winch wiring.
002xpj.jpg

004esz.jpg

Shackles installed.
005uaf.jpg

Winch plate trimmed and finally bolted down and wired.
006age.jpg

OK, some more progress, small as it is.
Stripped the intake and exhaust manifolds and carb, cleaned up the mess a bit, and installed another intake, cleaned and painted the header, and finished the power steering install. It works like a champ!
001gul.jpg

002ujr.jpg

004dhw.jpg

New front end parts, and a new Valve cover are on the way!

Wow! That looks nice and clean! Welcome to the world of a fully functioning power assisted CJ!

Wow! That looks nice and clean! Welcome to the world of a fully functioning power assisted CJ!

My God man, I'm in heaven! My poor old wrecked shoulders are lovin life now!!!:notworthy:

Very nice. What paint did you use on the block and the header? And how did you get at it right to get it painted like that in the Jeep? The block I mean.

Very nice. What paint did you use on the block and the header? And how did you get at it right to get it painted like that in the Jeep? The block I mean.

Thanks! I used Duplicolor metallic grey engine paint on the manifold, and the same on the block in Ford blue. I forgot who made the header paint. After the engine was stripped down there is so much room in ther, it was easy to mask off what little there was left and just paint. I'm lucky that even after 12 years, it never leaked a drop of oil. It was just dirty, so a quick clean up is all I needed before paint.

I worked on a engine issue today. The engine cutting out, losing power like a miss, than coming back. Needs a tune up.

See the thread on the Team Rush ignition upgrade. You'll love it.
I worked on a engine issue today. The engine cutting out, losing power like a miss, than coming back. Needs a tune up.

I think that it has been done already on mine. Looking at the pictures you posted the cap looks like it, also it looks like the one that was on my 84 bronco.

Sand blasted the case parts that can be blasted.

attachment.php

Painted the case with the rust encapsulation paint, tomorrow I'll paint it with the chassis paint... BTW - Engine hoists are not just for pulling engines!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Trans Case Blasted.jpg
    Trans Case Blasted.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 692
  • Trans Case Drying.jpg
    Trans Case Drying.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 798
Another coat of paint on the transfer case parts and started to clean up the engine for paint also... Were getting there! :banana:

Got the front shocks on and went to remove the coil. Seems to be rusted fast to the bracket. :bang: Gotta grab a bigger pliers from work.

It all started when I picked up this motorcraft 2100

DSC_0006.png

And that lead to replacing the intake and exhaust manifolds,

DSC_0027.png

and getting my hands on a stock two barrel intake

DSC_0026.png

While I was at it I figured I would replace the exhaust too

DSC_0025.png

I'm waiting for the MC2100 rebuild kit, and the flowmaster 40 series muffler. Today I started putting the intake and exhaust manifolds back together, until I realized that I'm short one stud that broke off, so I have to go to fastenal tomorrow.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom