Steering What brand spindles did you use ?

Steering What brand spindles did you use ?

toolow

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 cj7 258 4 speed
I'm doing my ball joints, axle u joints and brakes on my 80 CJ7 with the Dana 30. I think I need to replace the spindles because of all the hammer marks from the P.O. not using the spindle puller socket. What brand spindles do you recommend ? I see Crown but are they're better ones to use ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Went with the crown spindles, moog ball joints, timeken wheel bearings and spicer axle u joints. You don't know how much you need these parts until you take the old ones off and see how they're frozen with rust. Jeep steers the best since I've owned it. Doesn't wander anymore. Still need to get an alignment but its close enough until I do. On to the driveshaft u joints, ( that the P.O. welded in the driveshaft yokes ) and pinion seal.

Glad to hear she's back on the road (y)

Where did you end up getting the ball joints, wheel bearings & axle u joints ? I see that in my future. Replaced the wheel bearings 2 times in 35 years and those have been in really good condition, but have not gone into the spindles

I got the wheel bearings , races, and rear hub seal as a kit off of E bay. I also bought my nuts and washers for the wheel bearings there also. The ball joints were a differefnt story. I ordered upper and lower from a suspension company. They called the next day and told me they were out of lowers. They sent the uppers, one by UPS and one by priority mail . ???
The lowers I found on Amazon. Got them right away. The axle u joints came from Morris.
I don't know if its due to Covid but it took about three weeks to gather all the parts. Some parts were backorder .
There is very good video on U tube of a Dana 30 tear down and rebuild. And it just so happened it was from a 80 CJ7 the same year as mine.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks