Misc. Were you at least partially inspired to get a Jeep from a movie or tv show?

Misc. Were you at least partially inspired to get a Jeep from a movie or tv show?

TSB8C

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7, 420 HP "ZZ6 EFI" Crate engine, 700R4, D300, Dana30 front, Dana489 rear, 4.56 gears, 4" lift
I got my first Jeep, a '76 CJ5, back in 1986. At the time, that was the newest vehicle I had ever owned, being only 10 years used. I wanted a Jeep from my teen years after watching shows like Roy Rogers and seeing "Nellybelle" and Ronald Reagan driving Gorbachev around in that blue Scrambler. Later on I was a fan of the original MacGyver series, although not a huge fan of the JY's square headlights.

NellybelleAuction.jpg Reagan.jpg MacGyver.jpg

What movies and/or TV shows inspired you (or still inspire you today) with famous Jeeps in them? We all know the custom painted JYs in the original Jurassic Park, or Daisy Duke's "Golden Eagle" CJ. Maybe some of you have even seen an episode of Green Acres and Hank Kimballs' old CJ2a.

jurassicpark.jpg dixie.jpg cj2a.jpg

Curious to hear of other "famous" Jeeps and how they might have inspired your love of them too. John Wayne, war pictures, even animated Jeeps. Post some pics if you have them and let's hear your stories. May be a few surprises.

Hatari movie with John Wayne and the Rat Patrol TV show. Some where around the age of probably 9 or 10 I even had the G I Joe Rat Patrol Jeep. 85F2917B-0CC4-4A77-A980-40EF488F59D1.pngB043DD18-D0EC-447F-8442-32A42B6E6249.png

No. I got hooked to this craze because of my uncle, RIP.

I will have to admit that my dear ole dad bought this shortly before I was born and that probably got me started. Also maybe the camping too. 77E9FE01-B4EA-4F54-A8E2-2ECAE58316B0.jpeg053C175E-ACEE-467A-BB84-1751853FAC85.jpeg

For me it would have to be Vic Morrow and the gang in Combat!

attachment-4089827523.jpeg

... and that ad for the cosmoline coated military surplus Jeeps for like $800 still in it's crate.

b238bf0b9248877f7f25244c055dae0a-3210430139.jpeg

Ah, the old "Jeep in a box". Someone please bring that back. As for the "Combat!" TV show, I still watch that sometimes on Sat evenings on METV (oldies channel). Thanks.

Stumbled across this scene from "Charlie's Angels" recently. One good looking CJ5.
Angels.jpg

First was Nelliebelle then Rat patrol.
I needed one!

Forget about it. 33BA958C-8C5A-4486-9032-658A601FD5BC.jpeg

For me, I would have to say MASH. Then as previously mentioned Daisy Duke "Dixie" jeep.

Growing up, I always loved jumping in an old willys pickup even if it was to fix fence, run for parts, or chase down stray cows. After college, in 78, a new sitcoms opening credits showed a CJ5 driving up through the canyons near home. Mork and Mindy on Friday nights. Jeeps seemed to be everywhere in Colorado after that and a couple of years later I was the owner of jeeps newest version, a CJ7, Golden Eagle edition. Been driving them ever since. I even sold them for two years at Bob Bundy AMC jeep in Lakewood CO. That was over 40 years ago. How time flies

My trail to being a jeep owner was convoluted, I liked them but with a new wife and a baby on the way sooner than expected I went the S-15 route. After being around flat fender jeeps owned by a friend 33 years later the bug bit and I bought the solid rust CJ. Sold it too for more than I paid. Then came my current one, I can't sell it for what I have in it. I would consider a Willys wagon if the price is right and it didn't need a restoration to be enjoyed.

No movies or other media were ever involved in my Willys addiction. Another that can directly attribute that to my late father who came home with a 47 2A, I believe in 1950. It was Picket gray with Harvard red wheels and the factory full soft top. After my parents passed and I went through all the slides/photos, I only found one picture of that Willys, from 1957. It was of my mother and the spanky new Grumman 18' canoe on the McKelvey Lake trail (Montana). It was sporting a Sears aluminum top by then.
51924728244_3f9b90095c_b.jpg

I learned to drive in that Jeep a couple of years prior to that photo when I could finally slide off the seat far enough to work the pedals. The Willys was just used around the ranch the first year or two along with occasionally bucking snow to make the trip to town but then one of my father's friends talked him into hitting some trails in the Tobacco Root Mountains and that no doubt changed the course of my life-addicted to both mountains and Jeeps. The 47 was traded in on an almost new FC 150 in either late 57 or 58. The FC is still with me.

Stumbled across this the other day.

pedal jeep.jpg

What really got me, was seeing people drive around with no doors or top, being a motorcycle rider most of my life, it gave me almost the same free open feeling.
As far as TV, probably Dukes and Mash or any old military movie.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks