welding calculator

welding calculator

IOPort51

NOT the voice of reason Jeep-CJ.com
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj-5
4.2 W/MC2100 carb, 4.0 head W/3 angle valves,SS Header,TFI ignition with MSB-6 offroad module,CS144 140 amp RPS alternator with remote regulator T-150,d-20,Dana 44 with OX lock and disk brakes. D-30 with Spartin locker,
skyjacker 2.5 lift?nitro shocks,31" BFG A/T off road.8000 lb Warn winch, original owner.=^)

2006 Toyota Tacoma
Interesting calc.

Not sure I agree with it 100%, but that is personal preference I suppose...

The Miller TIG settings vs what I use with my TIG.

For instance, .125 SS lap weld calls for 1/16 electrode, I prefer 3/32. The site also suggests 3/32 rod, I like a larger 1/8 and dip less because of the heat from the larger electrode. But, with a larger electrode and more heat, it's easier to burn through. It's all in what you are accustomed too...

I think the most interesting thing about the page is the stick welding onfo. The tig page offers information on welding magnesium? I would think titanium would be of more interest. It is also a bit week on the discussion of alloys available for TIG welding, kind of important working with nonferrous metals. :cool:
I just don't like using 1/16 tungsten for anything, the collets do weird things.
I work most with Aluminum, it's more fun to work with than SS.:D

I have not been payed to do it for quite a while so I would have to say not so much but I consider it to be one of the talents that define what and who you are. I still think being able to join two pieces of metal together and have it be as strong or stronger than a single piece is a pretty cool thing.:D

~~~ I still think being able to join two pieces of metal together and have it be as strong or stronger than a single piece is a pretty cool thing.:D
Is that not the truth! The neighborhood kids love to watch me work. I'm pretty sure that a few potential lawyers have been turned into craftsman.

[QUOTE I'm pretty sure that a few potential lawyers have been turned into craftsman.[/QUOTE]

Let's hope so. ;)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom