Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ 7 Blue
2004 Chevy LWB CC,
2012 Corvette Grand Sport
1986 CJ 7 Red Garnet
1978 CJ 7 Kinda Orangish
Jackie Gleason said " A man must defend his home, his wife, his children and his martini." I'd like to add his toolbox. I use one of my dad's old Snap On boxes and recently I've been having H E double hockey sticks with 2 of the drawers. After going full blown Sherlock on the web I found 2 links that hopefully will help some folks out. I did find the factory stamped ID numbers so I called Snap On. Nice young fella answered the phone and said no problem. We'll send 'em out. They replaced my drawer rails for free. On the first link scroll down about-4-5 posts and there is post with what and where to look for.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/vintage-snap-on-tool-box-what-year.227863/

http://www.collectingsnapon.com/index.php?page=Tool Storage/Tool Storage KR series

Here's a pict of my identifier, hated to sand down the paint but it was worth it in the end.

Attachments

• kr557b-1.jpg
    kr557b-1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 43
  • kr557b-2.jpg
    kr557b-2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 36
That really cool that they honor their warranty that far back with no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That really cool that they honor their warranty that far back with no problem

Well at 10 Grand for a large one they can probably aford it. My buddy works at Lexus and the guy last week next to him got a new one. 10 - the trade in. They are starting to look like small aircraft carriers. With the top section on, where he was placing a full computer & monitor inside, was almost 7 ft tall. He had a step stand on the side to put items on top

Well at 10 Grand for a large one they can probably aford it. My buddy works at Lexus and the guy last week next to him got a new one. 10 - the trade in. They are starting to look like small aircraft carriers. With the top section on, where he was placing a full computer & monitor inside, was almost 7 ft tall. He had a step stand on the side to put items on top

Lol reminds me of the snap on meme about the mechanics kid not going to college

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks