Valve Cover Needed!

Valve Cover Needed!

Mtz95

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'75 CJ5, 258 Straight 6, T14, Dana 20, Dana 30 Front Dana 44 Rear
So, 75' 258 4.2L valve covers. It was unknown to me that these things had a notorious leaking issue. I'm slowly figuring out that most of my CJ problems aren't special and many have messed with something similar before.

Before I had this realization, I thought I would change out the valve cover gasket and fix the leak, simple right? Well, I don't know if I wrecked this thing taking it off or what but, around one of the bolt holes, the metal is sheared through like a bolt had been over tightened.

Now, I'm looking for a new valve cover but for the life of me can't find one anywhere. I bought an aftermarket cheapo one which ended up being too short. I can't find any other listings for valve covers that are for that year and model. Everything is for 80' +

Can someone PLEASE link me to a valve cover that will fit PLEASE. At this point I'm over trying to fix the leak and just want something that'll fit so I can drive the damn thing.

Where are you located? I have one sitting in my garage that I don't need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the 4.0 head swap so I have a head intake and valve cover that I will never use

I'm in Ohio. If it's what I need I'll buy.

I'll take a photo of it tonight and send it to you. I may (I'll check) even have a cover gasket to throw in. $50 shipped seems fair.

IIRC-A '75 VC and an '84 VC are not interchangeable.
LG

Unless I threw it away in my last trip to the dump I had a few of them sitting around.

I'll take a photo of it tonight and send it to you. I may (I'll check) even have a cover gasket to throw in. $50 shipped seems fair.

IIRC-A '75 VC and an '84 VC are not interchangeable.
LG

If it is from an '84 I believe he's right.. the difference is passenger side is completely straight while on mine, the cover indents in and out the length of it like the driver side if that makes sense..... Will be able to tell from pic I guess. If it is the right one I'd be willing to do $50 but, it sounds like we aren't a match.

81 is when it changed I believe. I think I have one off of the 79. No promises, I threw a lot of stuff away.

Sorry bud. I only have one left from the 86-4.2. I must have given it away or tossed it in the last dump run... my wife is known for "cleaning" my garage of old parts I don't need.

lol That's alright. I've had plenty of stuff thrown out on me because it was "junk". I actually found one and only one on ebay and scooped it up. Thanks!

Good to hear. :chug:
LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks