Updated Info Regarding New Site

Updated Info Regarding New Site

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
#1 - 1977 CJ-7 Renegade (Daisy Jane), Levis trim, 304, TH400, BW1339 (MM), D30/Auburn Max, AMC20/Trac-Lok/G2's, 4.88's, 33" BFG MT KM2's, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley Sniper 4bbl EFI, MSD6, MSD ProBillet distributor, OME shocks, 4" ProComp lift.

#2 - 1984 CJ-7 Laredo (The Texas Hooker Project - Incomplete/Undecided)
I just wanted to reach out to everyone and give an update and some perspective on the site update. I'm doing this because I want to, not because I need to or was asked to. This was an update that was a long time coming, and sometimes holding off ends up causing you more problems than doing upgrades every year. This site held off doing an upgrade due to a number of customizations that most of us (myself included) thought were just part of the package.

Now those customizations are gone, and for the time being it will remain that way. Some will get re-created, some will not, but NONE of them are going to be done until "core" functionality is restored. I know many of you speak to CJ form time-to-time. I did today and we discussed approach, plans, etc. The real "need" is to restore the most basic functions, all the threads that are broken, etc.

It's also a bit of a learning curve. I had to stumble around my self to see how to insert quotes in a post - screwed it up the first time. I know the PM's are now "conversations" and you can't delete, you simply have to "leave". No one should care about the colors, the fonts, etc. That's all chrome and nothing that produces results on the site. IT projects rarely go as planned, and sometimes its very difficult to overcome some obstacles, particularly when you don't have a small team of folks in the same room working on it 8-12hrs a day or more.

I remember the "Members Online" was always much larger than it is now. Perhaps the old list didn't show logouts very quickly and perhaps this one does instantaneously. Or perhaps they were equally accurate and we've lost a lot of folks somehow. That said, reach out to those you have alternative access to and have them pop in and get re-acquainted. The goal is to to put the site in a position we can grow "in to", and not "out of". It won't come real easy or quick, but it will come.

Take care all...

I am just glad it is back. Thank you. I have been here before when other forums had issues. The core people will be back. Quality not quantity is the name of the game.

Thank you,

Scott '74 CJ5 (defibvt)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks